ReefCleaners.org

I dove in....12g Cadlight

gimme

Well, after getting settled into the new house I figured it was time to get back into salt water. I have a couple of RL friends on this board that have had their tanks established for some time, and they helped inspire me to jump back into it.

Just picked it up on the 27th at Mystic Reef in Riverside. Jeremy mad me a deal I couldn't refuse. Well, he makes me all kinds of deals I cant refuse :D

So, here it starts. I will update as they happen. It's a slow process.....but in the end it will alllll be worth it :D

Sorry for the pics...I have a D60 and NEVER learned how to adjust the settings :rotfl:

Couldn't forget the picture of how my friends, family and I celebrated the new arrival LOL!

post-51568-1269925025_thumb.jpg

post-51568-1269925136_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

maybe another week, and I will start to figure out where my zoas go :)

I have about 4 heads of rainbow acans gonna be here this week :D

CoolNameGoesHere

hey! i recognize that frag of tubbs ;) glad to see it looks as tho they've acclimated well!

tank looks great!

hey! i recognize that frag of tubbs ;) glad to see it looks as tho they've acclimated well!

tank looks great!

ahhh! they are beautiful! couldn't have asked for a better deal all around :D

Now to install my chiller....

Nano sapiens
ahhh! they are beautiful! couldn't have asked for a better deal all around :D

Now to install my chiller....

I'm originally from LA, so I know it gets pretty hot. When I originally set up my tank I was wondering if I would need a chiller, but I found that the stock NO T5 lighting doesn't add any real heat to the aquarium. My tank crept up to a max of 86 degrees for a few days on and off last year (which was only 1 or 2 degrees above ambient) and I had no problems with the corals.

Not trying to talk you out of chiller, just stating my experiences with this setup.

I'm originally from LA, so I know it gets pretty hot. When I originally set up my tank I was wondering if I would need a chiller, but I found that the stock NO T5 lighting doesn't add any real heat to the aquarium. My tank crept up to a max of 86 degrees for a few days on and off last year (which was only 1 or 2 degrees above ambient) and I had no problems with the corals.

Not trying to talk you out of chiller, just stating my experiences with this setup.

Thanks for the info! I actually live in the valley of the dirt people (inland empire) :D we see on average 110 deg during the summer months here. I already get swings of 4-5 degrees (high being 83'ish) in a 72 degree house and I am not too comfortable with that. I know it's probably nothing major at all, it's an issue in my brain :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey is this what that halide is going to go on? LMK if your looking for some zoas... I have a pretty good sized collection tubbs, nukes AOG meangreens lots of bright stuff...

Your tank is looking good though..

• 2 weeks later...
Hey is this what that halide is going to go on? LMK if your looking for some zoas... I have a pretty good sized collection tubbs, nukes AOG meangreens lots of bright stuff...

Your tank is looking good though..

yup, it sure is. just waiting for my new bulb to arrive, hanging kit to be hung and wife to disappear so I can get this all together for it's photo op :P

• 4 weeks later...

Nice set up.

I'm just starting off, cooking the rocks myself. Got a JBJ 28g HQI with the 150W MH. I ordered a small box of rock from my LFS and ended up with 23kg of fiji rock.

• 4 weeks later...

nice! Jeremy sold me my 22g cad. I cant wait to set it up, yours is looking great. I was thinking of adding an aquac remora skimmer to mine. what do you think? do you run a skimme or going to run a skimmer?

Archived