SaltCritters.com

Introducing possibly the rarest clownfish in the world

organism

This one sold before it was out of the bag. Obviously it wasn't cheap :o

imo it's the rarest in the world since you can find the rare species but you're not gonna be finding one of these again. It's for sure the rarest I've ever seen :happy:

post-14867-1269878729_thumb.jpg

post-14867-1269878739_thumb.jpg

post-14867-1269878750_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheBlueLorax
If it is real, it's a maroon clown with a genetic mutation in the genes of its stripes.

+1 I like it and want it, its should be called......

If it is real, it's a maroon clown with a genetic mutation in the genes of its stripes.

+1

It's also a juvi so someone probably paid a lot for something that will lose part of its pattern as it matures.

is that real or shopped

lol, nope, not shopped, I'm just not that talented or motivated :)

Thanks for clearing that one up, I thought it'd sneezed near a bottle of whiteout ;)

Cool fishie.

I remember another one of these from PNG in 2008 caught by Steve Robinson. Not sure what the story is behind them. Interesting that the anomalous pattern is pretty close to symmetrical on both sides of the body. That was the case with this fish too.

It's called "Bobby, The Clownfish of LIES"

lol

lol, he prefers "Robert", the clownfish of lies isn't big on nicknames.

now thats Much nicer than all those picassos and snowflakes, they should start captive breeding these, they'd be worth the ridiculous price tag IMO

Cool fishie.

I remember another one of these from PNG in 2008 caught by Steve Robinson. Not sure what the story is behind them. Interesting that the anomalous pattern is pretty close to symmetrical on both sides of the body. That was the case with this fish too.

Here's a pic of that same clown showing the other side:

supermaroon2211cr9.jpg

I call it the "Tiara" clown!

I remember this little guy. I saw an article a couple of years ago from breeders in the south east pacific. They nicknamed it a lighting maroon clownfish. Well that's what they where calling it back then. Neat little clown.

How much did it go for?

imo less than it should have, but I can't post prices unless I decide I don't like my job anymore...

Archived