build progress:

316oto4.jpg

2qjg9zl.jpg

2vc9vuh.jpg

Initial shot:

Monthly fts:

New additions:

Notes:

I hate tanks that are high concept, and poorly executed. In my attempt to mask this tank as something innovative, it should be kept in mind that my tank runs on the simple principle of mechanical filtration and a rigorous regiment of water changes. All I've really done is refined [and employed the latest commonly available technology] equipment.

also, right click on the picture and click view image to see full sized photos. Thanks!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just needed a reason to bump the thread to the first page, to lessen the shamelessness. I haven't really considered all aspects of the tank yet so I'm unsure about the fish. I was thinking a pair of possum wrasse or go all inverts.

Filtration will be handled solely by water changes and media so I'd like to plan the tank out a little more carefully then I generally would.

how is this a custom cube if its an ADA 30c?

:P

chump please. When you see it, you'll understand

Have you seen the purple monster in real life?

Yes, everytime I have to tinkle

Nemo Niblets
Yes, everytime I have to tinkle

Really? I thought it was horrendously ugly. Maybe it was the tank. It's just purple?

Yesssssssssssss

I'll get the pictures of the equipment up tonight or tomorrow, still have to paint the back of the tank black and clean it out

Cant wait to see this Nip!

What combo are you going with on the LED's? Any XP-G's?

-Dave

It's the same fixture you saw last time. Made pre xp-g, I've just been really lazy about the tank. 10 rb, 8w wired in 3 banks.

Nips - Can you show us how your lighting unit works also. Any build pictures. I would love to see how you did it.

Also you have a PM.

-Dave

bored.

That's cause you're boring.

Nips - Can you show us how your lighting unit works also. Any build pictures. I would love to see how you did it.

Also you have a PM.

-Dave

Build pics are for my blog, which will eventually get updated. This thread is for tank progress. I'll show the lights soon.

tracking

Filtration update is on first post

So did you really build that pump housing? It looks so professional.

Yup, I used a haas VF3 to machine it. Im rather proud of it. Not even ecotech has ever seen anything like it. It reroutes water very well and has enough room for media and a heater

NaClCrocodile

Aghhh that picture of the bearded woman makes me squirm. Ugh so bad.

In other news, that setup looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing it get setup. Even if I have to see your sig...

Archived