Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 10g Piece Of the Reef

jarred1

This tank was born on January 28th, I have been looking around on here and haven't seen many mushroom only tanks and I just want to do something different.

Equipment:

• 10g AGA
  • Penguin BioWheel 150
  • Koralia 1 (400 GPH)
  • Cheep heater
  • DIY 48W LED Fixture

Livestock:

• Various Snails
  • Percula Clown
  • 7# Liverock

Corals:

• Zoanthids
  • Palythoa
  • Candy Cane Coral
  • Various Mushrooms
  • Ricordia Yuma
  • Ricordia Florida
  • Pulsing xenia
  • Acan echinata
  • Duncan
  • ORA Green Birdsnest
  • ORA Green Toadstool

i need to upgrade from my 10g to a 20 high and would like to see what everyone thinks i would need to get to upgrade from my 10g to a 20 high. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

all the equipment listed is what i have on the tank now let me know what else you think i should need.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone know what kind of algae this is??? when the lights go out for the night and come back on in the morning there isnt much of it then about 6 hours after the lights have been on it gets worse and turns darker.

116_6259.jpg

116_6260.jpg

116_6261.jpg

i have 240gph in a 10g tank so that should be good right? what could i do to get rid of it? id like it to be gone by Wednesday, will phosguard get rid of it?

Cyanoalage or cyanobacteria happens to the best of 'em. It is VERY common in new tanks. You will go through the brown cyano first, then it will turn a slight red color and then you get the awesome encrusting green algaes that are hard to clean the glass! Rad! That will come around the 2nd or 3rd month.

Then, you get passing blooms...maybe sometimes here or there. You will never have that BEAUTIFUL sand again...it will always have something on it....not much you can do.

Keep it up! Great job on the rock structure!

Nice tank.

You could try some hermits to keep that cyno down. Also, it is a good idea to try and suck some of it out of the tank when you can.

thanks for all the nice comments

i got a scarlet hermit crab it doesn't seem to be doing much though i may have to get some blue legs

I have that cyano too. It's turned the slight red color now... I'm in week 9. It's only in the right corner of the tank. I've directed some flow that way but it hasn't helped.

I guess that's my excuse to get the Mp10. WOOO

more pictures!!!! just cleaned the tank so stuff isnt open all the way.

i need to stop adding stuff and wait for everything to grow out!

116_6363.jpg

116_6358.jpg

116_6359.jpg

116_6368.jpg

116_6367.jpg

116_6369.jpg116_6364.jpg

116_6366.jpg

Thanks for looking!

good news cyano is disappearing!!! This morning when the lights came on there was this layer of slime on the water it was so thick i could use a net and scoop it out then i siphoned as much as i could out, it was clear and slimy . Any ideas as to what it was?

• 2 weeks later...

Is that aragamax sugar sized sand or is that silica sand? It looks off white in every picture even the first ones.

im not sure what kind of sand it is but i got it from a beach near my house a while back. it is very fine sand, i have had a large cyano algae break out a while back and all the sand was covered in it.

• 1 month later...

Archived