Top Shelf Aquatics

MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist

18 April 2010 FTS:

100_1422.jpg

+++ BEGIN THREAD +++

:o

Assuming all goes according to plan, I'll be picking up the tank on Saturday. It's not drilled, so while I've got the jeep, I'm hoping to schedule an appointment with the LFS to get it drilled Saturday as well.

omgomgomg

Planned Equipment:

300w Heater (comes with the tank)

Sedra KPS-5000

6x54w T5HO (probably Nova Extreme)

K2

K1

K-nano

Skimmer (type TDB)

Fluval 305 canister filter (not sure what I'll do with it, if anything)

20L sump (assuming it fits in the stand)

Biological Filtration:

15 or so lbs of live rock (from the 20L)

50 lbs of dry rock (John's stuff)

15 or so lbs of live rock in the sump (from the 20L's sump)

Dry sand

Planned livestock:

Kole tang

Some kind of blenny

A pair of clowns

A wrasse or two (maybe a Hoeven's Wrasse)

A pair or trio of chalk bass

A Mandarin, much further down the road.

Actual Stocking:

Fish:

Engineer Goby

Corals:

Blastomussa

Gorgonia:

Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata

Macros:

Ulva

Flame Algae

Red Gracilaria

Halimeda Monile (?)

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
What skimmer?? omgomgomg

:lol:

The Reef Octopus has done well for me thus far. It's rated for the NW-110 is rated for 100g, so I might have to go a step above what I've got in the 29g. That, or I'll see what's for sale in the local club. They've always got good used stuff.

Militant Jurist
HOLY SHI omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

:lol:

I had to finally, officially, let the cat out of the bag.

She was starting to meow WAY too much. -_-

lick.jpg

Militant Jurist
I really like the one Fairy Wrasse I alrdy have and I will be getting a McCosker's Flasher Wrasse in next Tuesday.

Awesome! I really like the looks of the Fairy Wrasse. From the description on LA, it sounds like I might be able to have a pair of them? :o

What kinds of corals are you thinking of? If it has much SPS you will need more flow....I have 2 powerheads and two K4's and it's returned by a Blueline 1100GPH.....

Militant Jurist
What kinds of corals are you thinking of? If it has much SPS you will need more flow....I have 2 powerheads and two K4's and it's returned by a Blueline 1100GPH.....

I'm going to have a mix of everything, with SPS down the line. Up front, I might have one cap, and I'd put it right in front of one of the Koralias. The Koralias are actually just a temporary part of the tank. I eventually want to get an MP20, sometime late this summer or early in the fall. I might even spring for a MP40 if I've got the dough then.

Awesome! I really like the looks of the Fairy Wrasse. From the description on LA, it sounds like I might be able to have a pair of them? :o

In a 75g tank you might be able to.

There's a wide variety of really nice ones.

Check out the "Reef Safe Wrasses" category under Marine Fish on liveaquaria.com.

Excellent plan MJ....I love my 75, but would still try to push you to do a peninsula....this is the PERFECT tank for it!

Militant Jurist
In a 75g tank you might be able to.

There's a wide variety of really nice ones.

Check out the "Reef Safe Wrasses" category under Marine Fish on liveaquaria.com.

I'll do that! The toughest thing for me is always finding cool fish that go well together. Thankfully I found out about the chalk bass before I got more than one of them. I'm still tempted to get a group of chalk bass in the 75 though. :happy:

Excellent plan MJ....I love my 75, but would still try to push you to do a peninsula....this is the PERFECT tank for it!

Got any pictures of what you've got in mind? My aquascaping plans at this point are wide open!

Militant Jurist

Thanks to Richie, Weetie, and everyone else who has chimed in on the issue so far, I've put some further thought into my stocking. Here's the updated plan. Let me know what you think!

Planned livestock:

Kole Yellow Eye Tang or Blue Tang

ORA Striped Blenny Pair (assuming diver's den still has them)

A pair of clownfish

A pair of Longfin Fairy Wrasses

And a Mandarin further down the road

That's a grand total of 8 fish. How's that list sound?

Militant Jurist
Does the vet have input on the stocking of this tank? kiss.gif

:happy:

I'm sure I could give her some input. With school and everything, she doesn't get to spend much time at my place though.

Although, on that front, we were talking last night, and somehow the subject of parents came up. She made the comment that she's never introduced any guy she's dated to her parents. Then, a few minutes later, she said her mom had been asking about me, and if I would be up to meeting her mom. I guess things are getting more serious (although still apparently not official?)

Militant Jurist

Hi Richie! I was wondering when the Force (aka drugs) was going to cause you to wander in here. :P Glad you could join this new party!

Archived