ReefCleaners.org

ADA reef owners thread.

schgr.cube

adaclub-1.png

Alright, decided to change this to all ADA reef owners. If you have an ADA reef tank, post it in here and I'll add you!

Tanks:

1. schg - 30c (retired)

2. DeMartini - 30c (retired)

3. supernip - 30c

4. ADAreef - 30c

5. fiction101 - Mini-M (retired)

6. Uhuru - 120p w/overflow

7. digi - 60f

8. soymilk - Mini-L

9. JMAdams - Mini-M

10. DeMartini - 60p (retired)

11. purpleUP - 45c (retired)

12. Jamie - Do!aqua

13. reefrook - 45p (retired)

14. VicSkimmr - 60p

15. nanoregon - 60p

16. DeMartini - 75p

17. masami93 - 60p

18. gabe_j - 60f (retired)

19. fiction101 - 60p (retired)

20. ReHype - 60f (retired)

21. dapellegrini - Mini-M (retired)

22. RP Beesh - 75p (retired)

23. nanolax - 60p

24. Igreen - 60p

25. molo - 60p

26. Zo0k365 - Do!Aqua

27. UncleJT - 60p

28. OzarksReef - 30c

29. reeftankguy - 60p

30. fiction101 - 30c

31. Ebn - 75p

32. mastahluong - 45p

33. theatrus - 30c

34. TighTT - 60f

35. peewee1467 - 60p

36. oogie - 30c

37. racerfreak - 30c

38. Llamaslayer - Mini-L

39. teamschreiba - 60f

40. calvin415 - 60p

41. Go Tigers! - Mini-M

42. partyinyourhonor - 45f

43. MySafeWordIsWhiskey - 45p

44. HecticDialects - 45p

Nano-Reefer owned non-reef aquariums:

1. schg - 30c

Edited by schg
Lol you were ahead of the game! Added you!

Such a nice tank btw.

yea... as soon as i saw the club, i wanted in. now after joining the club and reading everybody's thread, i have heightened sense of pride for my ada. i might even legally add those letters at the end of my name cause i'm so proud B)

yea... as soon as i saw the club, i wanted in. now after joining the club and reading everybody's thread, i have heightened sense of pride for my ada. i might even legally add those letters at the end of my name cause i'm so proud B)

LOL they are quite nice tanks, I do feel good just looking at mine. I don't know if I can ever go back to a rimmed tank now. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Question: The ADA sticker on the front of the tank, that's not just one of those protective stickers that's supposed to be removed is it? I would have expected the ADA symbol to have been etched into the glass, or at the very least be a nice quality vinyl decal.

Question: The ADA sticker on the front of the tank, that's not just one of those protective stickers that's supposed to be removed is it? I would have expected the ADA symbol to have been etched into the glass, or at the very least be a nice quality vinyl decal.

Just a sticker -_- I removed mine, would have been happier had it been etched.

I'm going to remedy this. I know a guy with a vinyl cutter and that sticker should be easy to replicate. I'll PM you about it later :)

• 2 weeks later...
Crackerballer

So why didn't any of you just get the Mr. Aqua for 1/2 the price? Was it the clear silicone vs. the greenish on the Mr. Aqua, because that is the only difference.

So why didn't any of you just get the Mr. Aqua for 1/2 the price? Was it the clear silicone vs. the greenish on the Mr. Aqua, because that is the only difference.

High clarity glass.

Crackerballer

Is it starfire? If not, I doubt it is really any different. And as thin as it is, it probably doesn't mean anything. You can call anything you want "high clarity," it is glass after all.

From Marine Depot:

"Mr. Aqua aquariums are produced using high clarity glass with thicknesses ranging between 5mm to 10mm depending on the size. By eliminating the plastic frame that surrounds typical aquarium systems, the Mr. Aqua aquarium provides a clean and clear view of your aquatic life."

Edited by Crackerballer
Is it starfire? If not, I doubt it is really any different. And as thin as it is, it probably doesn't mean anything. You can call anything you want "high clarity," it is glass after all.

From Marine Depot:

"Mr. Aqua aquariums are produced using high clarity glass with thicknesses ranging between 5mm to 10mm depending on the size. By eliminating the plastic frame that surrounds typical aquarium systems, the Mr. Aqua aquarium provides a clean and clear view of your aquatic life."

I'll be honest with you, and I'm not ashamed of it. Sometimes I buy things just for the rarity, the title, or the backing behind it. I own an ADA just to own an ADA. Now I will say that the clarity on this tank is ridiculous, but I honestly can not compare it first hand to a Mr. Aqua.