Innovative Marine Aquariums

Neto's 10 gallon Rimless / LEDS

Neto

Tank is no longer running.

last FTS

P1020674.jpg

I just built a 10 gallon with 3/16" plate glass. It has an external durso type of overflow with a 5.5g sump. I am using the live rock from my old tank which it crashed around a month ago and I lost everything.

Equipment List:

1. 2 koralia nano's

2. 75W Jager Heater

3. Custom Light fixture with 18 CREE leds (9 cool whites, 9 royal blues)

plans for the future:

1. Build a wood light fixture enclosure

2. add a nano skimmer

pictures:

P1020170.jpg

P1020182.jpg

P1020174.jpg

P1020167.jpg

P1020165.jpg

P1020168.jpg

Just added sand

P1020158.jpg

testing the system!

P1020154.jpg

P1020152.jpg

P1020153.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Added Skimmer and Sump Light !!!

I had an old jebo 182 skimmer that I bought long time ago when I didnt knew alot about skimmer brands. It leaked everywhere so I ended up modding it alot. I replaced all the pipes with pvc piping and pvc ball valves.

However it came with a powerful powerhead which I think it was way too powerful for the skimmer. This powerhead was very useful not because this is my return pump from the sump to the main tank and it also runs the skimmer!!!!

Check it out:

This is the sump pump (powerhead)

P1020212.jpg

Here is the skimmer, I made it hang on back..

P1020205.jpg

skimmer on action

P1020208.jpg

P1020206.jpg

Here is where the output of the pump splits for the return and skimmer:

P1020211.jpg

sump pictures

P1020213.jpg

Changed the aquascape!

P1020210.jpg

I had plans for another skimmer maybe a aqua remora nano.. but lets see how this holds!

Looks amazing! wats the live stock plans?

Right now I plan on having two true percs and maybe a yellow watchman with a pistol shrimp!

Yep, need more rocks.

Otherwise looks like a cool setup.

I always appreciate someone who has the DIY skills to mod a skimmer like that.

Thanks!

Yes I have more rock, but its dead.. I have to clean it and re-aquascape! My plans is to have alot of sps so I cant have too much rock.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I added my CUC and chaeto algae and the tank is looking better.

CUC:

2 emerald crabs

2 Nerite Snails

2 Astreas Snails

3 Trochus Snails

2 Margarita Snails

2 Nasarius Snails

P1020252.jpg

P1020251.jpg

P1020259.jpg

P1020286.jpg

P1020283.jpg

Can anyone ID those zoos for me?

P1020279.jpg

P1020257.jpg

P1020255.jpg

My new babies! Two false percs

P1020281.jpg

P1020273.jpg

P1020264.jpg

Mod skimmer in service, cool :happydance: tell me more about your external durso overflow pls

I made the overflow with PVC pipe (cut in half). The bulkhead is connected to a 3/4" pipe and the drain piping is 1/2" with a ball valve..... It is quiet.

I have better plans for the overflow though. I want to replace most of the pvc with hoses.

wow that fixture you have looks really nice!! so does that white acro!! i have never really seen them around... would you mind to frag me piece when it gets a little bigger ;)

wow that fixture you have looks really nice!! so does that white acro!! i have never really seen them around... would you mind to frag me piece when it gets a little bigger ;)

lol .. its not dead yet.. polyps come out

That's an awesome looking tank. Rimless rules. I'm actually picking up a Zoa frag that looks just like that tomorrow along with a chalice and maybe a few other things. Very cool.

This is an awesome tank. Rimless is boss for sure. I want to do a 30x30x12 Rimless in starphire. Need to convince my significant other that I "need" a new tank tho. lol

How do you find your flow is with the two KN's? Do they move enough water? That is a monster ball of chaeto too!

This is an awesome tank. Rimless is boss for sure. I want to do a 30x30x12 Rimless in starphire. Need to convince my significant other that I "need" a new tank tho. lol

How do you find your flow is with the two KN's? Do they move enough water? That is a monster ball of chaeto too!

I think the flow is pretty good but remember, I also have the return moving the surface water which I think its the most important thing.

Chaeto is growing alot, I bought it two weeks ago and it was like 3/4 the size that its now. Hopefully it will start growing faster because I just added two clownfish and ichaeto will consume more nitrates now.

• 4 weeks later...

The first Zoanthids are Radioactive Dragon Eyes not sure on the second ones, interesting coloration though. Love rimless tanks!

The first Zoanthids are Radioactive Dragon Eyes not sure on the second ones, interesting coloration though. Love rimless tanks!

thanks, they reproduce like crazy!

• 3 weeks later...
thanks, they reproduce like crazy!

Nice...is ur water level kinda high or is it the angle of the shot?

but very clean i like...

• 2 weeks later...

sweet build man sweet! I'm really interested in seeing how your build + LEDs works out. I'm in the current process of adjusting the output of mine to see what the SPS like the best.

Do you have any plans for the dosing or anything or are you going to let water changes take all that over?

You should paint your loc-line black with some krylon fusion, its kinda distracting for the beauty of your tank :happy:

nice tank!

• 3 months later...

Archived