Top Shelf Aquatics

95 Gal Wave Front

steve0xr

Ok, so this was an impulse buy. Minding my own business doing some yard work one Saturday my buddy calls and says "head over here right now". He was at a lfs going out of business and wanted to show me a 40gal acrylic AIO that they were selling for a great price. I'm not a big fan of AIO's so I passed on that tank. Then I saw this beautiful 95 wave front RR tank, stand, and glass tops. Out of curiosity I had to see how low I could get the price and the owner went down to 700 which i thought was a great deal. ( if i'm wrong dont bother letting me know lol ) Then reality hit me that I don't really need this tank and the responsible thing to do is to walk away so I did. Went home and told my girlfriend about the tank ( figured shed be happy i didn't get it ) and to my surprise she said, " why didn't you buy it ? ". Well thats all I needed to hear that night I was back at the store putting a deposit on my new pride and joy.

Here's the tank sitting in my garage since I had no idea where to put it.

IMG_0092.jpg

We ended up deciding that the dining room would be the best place.

IMG_0106.jpg

The sump a buddy of mine hooked me up with and skimmer that I've had sitting in the basement.

IMG_0107.jpg

Small acrylic tank I've had in the basement that will be a fuge.

IMG_0109.jpg

Some dry rock I've bought from a member of my local reef club. ( njreefers.org )

IMG_0104.jpg

So thats about where I'm at now. The plan is to plumb into the basement for the sump and fuge. Should make my life easier maintenance wise. I bought a used pump off a member for this forum. Still need to pick up some bigger heaters and lighting. Think I'm going to go T5's.

So let me know what you think, and If you have any ideas please share.

Well I ordered this reactor yesterday http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/dual-b...on-reactor.html

I plan on running phosban and chemi-pure on this tank.

I also orded the bulkheads and check valves that I need for the plumbing. So hopefully they will be in soon. Today I started building the floor supports/sump shelving In my basement. Didn't get far enough to make it worth taking pics (ran out of wood). So tomorrow I should be able to finish it up.

Well I ordered this reactor yesterday http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/dual-b...on-reactor.html

I plan on running phosban and chemi-pure on this tank.

I also orded the bulkheads and check valves that I need for the plumbing. So hopefully they will be in soon. Today I started building the floor supports/sump shelving In my basement. Didn't get far enough to make it worth taking pics (ran out of wood). So tomorrow I should be able to finish it up.

I say run carbon instead of chemi-pure. Much cheaper and will get the job done.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol thanks man I wish I had an update for you. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day to do some more framing and plumbing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Agreed - the best part of the hobby is the initial setup IMO. It's gotta be exciting to get the plumbing going - I can't wait to see the finished product!

3-30-10.jpg

A little bit of progress in the basement.

Notice the new return pump that a local reefer sold me for $50, Brand new!

I love it when people are not afraid to cut holes in their house B) Going to be a great setup -- I can't wait to see the progress.

I love it when people are not afraid to cut holes in their house B) Going to be a great setup -- I can't wait to see the progress.

Yeah, I figured whats the difference? Why let the dog have all the fun destroying my hardwood floors. B)

Nice, I did the same thing with my wife and too my surprise she let me pick one up. I've had it up and running for a year and half now. I need to get some updated picks.

$700 is a good price.. I believe I paid $750 for mine... My LFS had it on display for over a year and the owner sold it to me at her cost. Definitely go with the 2x250 MH's and 2x96 watt PC's because I went with the 2x150's and I want to upgrade my lights now because I've gotten into SPS.

I just made another impulse buy today. I just picked up a 12 gallon AP with Sunpod MH's, JBJ arctic chiller, protein skimmer, and Koralia nano for $200. It was only 2 months old and my wife wanted her sea horse tank... Tank #4 going up tomorrow.. Damn addicting hobby..lol

Have fun with your new tank... Looking forward to seeing the progress.

So what store did u pic that tank up at. I'm in nj and looking for a tank at the moment

The store closed down thats why I got such a good deal.

If your in nj check out www.njreefers.org You can find all the deals on there.

Nice, I did the same thing with my wife and too my surprise she let me pick one up. I've had it up and running for a year and half now. I need to get some updated picks.

$700 is a good price.. I believe I paid $750 for mine... My LFS had it on display for over a year and the owner sold it to me at her cost. Definitely go with the 2x250 MH's and 2x96 watt PC's because I went with the 2x150's and I want to upgrade my lights now because I've gotten into SPS.

I just made another impulse buy today. I just picked up a 12 gallon AP with Sunpod MH's, JBJ arctic chiller, protein skimmer, and Koralia nano for $200. It was only 2 months old and my wife wanted her sea horse tank... Tank #4 going up tomorrow.. Damn addicting hobby..lol

Have fun with your new tank... Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Must be long lost twins. I'm in the process of setting up a 29 high for my girlfriend because she wanted a sea horse tank.

Looks good I have a 90 gallon wave front as well but mine is by marineland you should check out my build on 3reef is you head over that way. Its ! Looking good I am subscribing.

90 Gallon Wave Front Build

Wow Nice build man. Love the DIY stand and sweet deal with the CL buy. Cool to find someone with the same tank at the same point in their build. I guess the race is on to see who gets water first lol.

Archived