inTank Media Baskets

TotesMaGoat's First tank!

TotesMaGoat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NanoReefNovice

Looks great. :happy:

I would also take out the bio balls. Your live rock acts act as your bio filtration making the bio balls unneeded and just a detritus trap.

Fish look happy, corals look healthy, and you've got some coralline algae growing on the back there - all points to you doing a good job ;)

Now, go spend $800 more on corals lol

Finally some of my LR cured, updated pics with it thrown in. Also, i bought a 150W sunpod with a 14k phoenix on the way :D The three pictures are with stock CF lights

Cell phone pics again sorry, ill try and get some real pics up as soon as i get a hold of a camera :)

Next on my list to add is a candycane, not sure what else any suggestions?

Im going to adding some chaeto to the back of the rock wall

0203001714.jpg

0203001753.jpg

0203001714a.jpg

looks good so far. I have the same tank and it is a little older than yours. Love it so far. I have slowly removed the bio balss over several weeks time. Gives you room for other types of medis if wanted.

Well last night my jawfish decided to completley take out all the sand below the left supporting rock and collapsed all the rock..... now i cant get it back to the way it was. Thats really aggravating

I like the coral you have on the top! What is it? Is it more blue in person? ^_^

Sorry to hear about your jawfish. Thats a good thing to know since I was considering getting one as well! I knew they dug under things, but not that well! :lol:

Fish look happy, corals look healthy, and you've got some coralline algae growing on the back there - all points to you doing a good job ;)

Totally agree, doing a great job.

now that bites your LR hadn't taken a fall. Cuz you did a great job of how it was stacked. Great for water pushing through without a prob, especially in the back.

I really love the blue/greenish tree coral, what is it. Almost looks close to my sinularia.

I would definately go with the candycanes, just me YOU"LL LOVE IT.

GO AND GET YOU SOME RIDCORDIA MUSHROOMS!!!!!!

Totally agree, doing a great job.

now that bites your LR hadn't taken a fall. Cuz you did a great job of how it was stacked. Great for water pushing through without a prob, especially in the back.

I really love the blue/greenish tree coral, what is it. Almost looks close to my sinularia.

I would definately go with the candycanes, just me YOU"LL LOVE IT.

GO AND GET YOU SOME RIDCORDIA MUSHROOMS!!!!!!

Ive re stacked it, i think i like it better than last time, thats what i tell myself at least haha. Its a Palau Green Tree, been in there for about 2 weeks now and still hasnt taken hold of anything.Kitty: one thing that some people suggest is to lay down the base rock and then add sand, so jawfish cant do too much damage. Ive made sure this time that its better supported by other rocks as well. totally worth gettign the jaw though, theyre a hoot to watch :) Went to the LFS today and picked up a good sized tooth coral colony, medium sized clam and a sps thats name im unsure of haha. LFS only had some kryptonite candycanes, not the biggest fan of them or else would of picked some up. a ricordea or two is next on my list i think. Will get some new pictures up tomorrow hopefully

Updated 2-9-10

New pics are with the new sps, clam, galexia

also with the 150w sunpod with a 14k phoenix

006.jpg

007.jpg010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

030.jpg

026.jpg

DSCF5500.jpg

DSCF5501.jpg

029.jpg

My jawfish ther in the background :)

your tank is looking good, i see you have sixline wrasse, how is he working out for you. I have always wanted one.

Like your clam, they are on my list to get at some point.

Nice looking additions

and your water looks pretty clear

your tank is looking good, i see you have sixline wrasse, how is he working out for you. I have always wanted one.

Like your clam, they are on my list to get at some point.

Nice looking additions

and your water looks pretty clear

Thanks :) Yeah i love him, hes pretty energetic and likes getting around in the rock work. One thing i dont like though is that i cant keep any shrimp with him, he ate the last 2 peppermints that i put in :( I love clams, i wanted a maxima but the lfs only had C.'s. I think they make a tank stand out

thats the same thing i have heard of them wrasses, eating shrimp, and i am too attached to my shrimps. seriously. And i do agree with you on the comment of clams standing out in tanks. it like they complete the tank

btw, you rockwork looks pretty darn good

Stopped in at the LFS today, traded my 6 line wrasse for some coral. I want to keep shrimp and got tired of him killing all of them haha. Also, i added some chaeto behind the walk wall. Aaanyways heres some pics. Water looks a little cloudy because i was moving some stuff around.Oh, and i added some smaller LR rubble to the scape :)

some kind of Acropora, note i did kill the aptasia on it

004.jpg

007.jpg

Cant really see it in the pictures, but the polyps on this are a bit more blue. Hopefully it will color up some more

005.jpg

009.jpg

Just took the pic about 5 mins after putting him im, so he hasnt had time to open up yet

010.jpg

Also got this cap. It is a much more vibrant/bright orange/redish color IRL

008.jpg

In these two pictures, you can see the two balls of chaeto on either corner, behind the LR wall

019.jpg

018.jpg

FTS with the new coral

016.jpg

My yellowhead showing off for the camera ;)

017.jpg

011.jpg

Got a better picture of the Crocea too :)

006.jpg

What do you guys think? Going to get some zoas to fill up some space next

OMG, that clam looks amazing. What time do you go to bed, lol hahahaa.

Great new additions and you tank looks is looking more and more better, Great Job Bro.

BTW, still loving your zoas

OMG, that clam looks amazing. What time do you go to bed, lol hahahaa.

Great new additions and you tank looks is looking more and more better, Great Job Bro.

BTW, still loving your zoas

Never! haha thanks for the props man. Always looking for input :)

Today i picked up a sweet lookin acan, along with a colonyof mixed zoas. Will get some pics up soon. Not really liking that green sps top of rock. Not sure what it is either, may take it in soon

Archived