inTank Media Baskets

57g Reef.....cube ofcourse

cbort

Ok, so I have a new project beginning...I did some trading and I ended up with this 57g 36x36x12T shallow cube.

Here it is after bringing it home and trying to figure out how to put the stand back together. The stand will soon look a lot like my 30g cube's stand.

PICT1171.jpg

PICT1172.jpg

PICT1173.jpg

The cube has been drilled 4 additional times giving the back pane of glass 6 total holes.

OK, here she is all cleaned up!

PICT1247.jpg

PICT1248.jpg

PICT1249.jpg

Here is my CL pump. Its a Dolphin Amp Master 3000. Is this too big?? :)

PICT1240.jpg

PICT1241.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This looks like it will be awesome, can't wait to see it in action.

Me either! I have been needing more space! My cube is packed right now! Will be cool to see this dolphin amp master 3000 blow things around!

What does everyone think?

Bare bottom with bottom glass painted black

or

Fine sand mixed with C.C.

Just saw this on the local forum and loving it! I say go BB with that big closed loop pump

what is your local forum? Des Moines? I am thinking the same thing. This large pump will probably blow the sand all over the place. BB will probably be what i go with at first.

If your worried about the pump being too much pipe in recirc with a valve. the valve closed will be full press as you open it will recirc water through the pump and less flow in the tank.

So... take a "return" from the CL and plumb it into the intake portion of the CL pump in addition to the drain of the tank?

Never thought of that....

I am going to try and get the entire tank plumbed up and test it with a full tank of tapwater tonight

Agreed! That is quite a bit of landscape. Looks amazing and you have another follower!

Thanks! Hope my aquascaping turns out nice! I have 3 huge pieces of live rock that are too big to fit in 5 gallon buckets full of live and an additional 150lbs or LR. I will have to play around with it!

what is your local forum? Des Moines? I am thinking the same thing. This large pump will probably blow the sand all over the place. BB will probably be what i go with at first.

Ya I go by Gered on there. I was unfortunately tight on money when you made the trip to Des Moines

Quick little update...just started adding water/rock from my stock tank...

PICT1267.jpg

PICT1268.jpg

PICT1269.jpg

PICT1270.jpg

PICT1272.jpg

PICT1271.jpg

PICT1273.jpg

PICT1274.jpg

PICT1275.jpg

PICT1277.jpg

PICT1278.jpg

PICT1280.jpg

PICT1281.jpg

PICT1282.jpg

PICT1283.jpg

PICT1286.jpg

PICT1287.jpg

Thanks Bill! As far as the pic in my sig, i don't think i will be able to a take a better picture. My pictures are taken with a cheap camera and never come out very well. Some how that one came out pretty good. Thanks again for looking!

I have tried a couple of different aqua scaping and not sure how i want to do it. Since this stand sits the tank up pretty high i want to have a nice view from the front pane of glass, but also want a nice view from the top down.

I am contemplating a horse shoe shape...

Another quick update. I was up till about 2AM getting the plumbing done and the 30g transferred over to the new cube. I still have micro bubbles coming from my CL so i will need to probably tear it apart and reapply thread tape and PVC glue everything again. :( Sucks to work all night just to have another problem arise!

Here are the pics...

As you can see the stand is still a frame, but will look really nice!

PICT1302.jpg

PICT1303.jpg

PICT1304.jpg

PICT1305.jpg

Not to gloat or anything like that, but i think i am very happy with the aquascape! It turned out literally like a natural 3'x3' Chunk of the reef! I think it looks natural and i gave my corals a lot of room to grow out.

PICT1306.jpg

PICT1307.jpg

PICT1308.jpg

PICT1309.jpg

PICT1310.jpg

PICT1311.jpg

PICT1312.jpg

PICT1313.jpg

PICT1314.jpg

PICT1315.jpg

PICT1316.jpg

PICT1317.jpg