3 Astrea

2 Nerite

1 Scarlet hermit

3 Blue leg hermits

1 Cleaner Shrimp

Livestock

Yellow Tang

Sixline Wrasse

2 Domino Damsels (would really love to trade for 2 clowns but I dont want to kill them to do so)

Corals

1 GSP

1 3 head frogspawn

couple of acan frags 1 orange couple greens

Xenia

Blue, Red, and Green Mushrooms

Multiple Zoas

3 headed Hammer coral 1 head broke in shipping but is recovering slowly

2 headed neon green candy cane. Now 4 heads

Neon Orange Plate Coral

Purple Plate coral with Green tenticles

Maxima Clam with bright blue spots

Watermelon chalice

Green lobo with blue center

11/10 FTS

SDC10572.jpg

SDC10626.jpg

9/2010 FTS

SDC10412.jpg

6/2010 FTS

SDC10324.jpg

2/2010 FTS

SDC10052.jpg

The Beginning 1/2010 FTS

SDC10743.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lookin good, you ever think about a background? i just got a double sided background from petco, its awesome, has black on one side and blue on the other and its like $2/ft! It's got great colors. Just a thought but good job, keep it up! I'm glad your not one of those newbs that just throws everything in lol. Sound like you got it figured out. GL! fingerscrossed

So what are your stocking plans?

2 Percola Clowns 2 domino damsels and some zoos and Xenias to start out. Obviously a CUC a couple snails and a cleaner shrinp. Thats about all Ive got figured out at the moment.

2 Percola Clowns 2 domino damsels and some zoos and Xenias to start out. Obviously a CUC a couple snails and a cleaner shrinp. Thats about all Ive got figured out at the moment.

i would say NO to the domino damsels they get big and mean.

2x CLowns

1 Firefish

1 goby

B)

NICE TANK!

is that an odyssea fixture?

if so, i would recommend replacing the bulbs... the light will be every bit as good as something from current or coralife...

set-up looks good so far.

is that an odyssea fixture?

if so, i would recommend replacing the bulbs... the light will be every bit as good as something from current or coralife...

set-up looks good so far.

Are you saying I should switch out the bulbs with current or coralife bulbs??? It is an odyssea fixture.

Are you saying I should switch out the bulbs with current or coralife bulbs??? It is an odyssea fixture.

i mean yeah those would be a lot better than the stock odyssea's, but i was thinking more like 14k phoenix, or 20k radium ;)

as far as the PC bulbs, really anything will look better than the stock... those odyssea bulbs seem to have a green hue to them...

imcosmokramer
i mean yeah those would be a lot better than the stock odyssea's, but i was thinking more like 14k phoenix, or 20k radium ;)

as far as the PC bulbs, really anything will look better than the stock... those odyssea bulbs seem to have a green hue to them...

Are those double ended MH bulbs? if so, I don't believe there is a DE Radium 20K in 250w (only 150w).

As far as a green hue to the bulbs, much of it could be due to the camera's white balance, so it's pretty much impossible to tell from the photos. You'll need to tell us :)

You mentioned about having too much light. You can absolutely have too much light for any particular coral, but the ability to raise and lower you fixture will help. The good thing about raising your MH is that you're getting better spread.

Tank is looking nice :)

Heres some new pics of the tank (new aquascape). Entertainment center makes a nice tank stand. WAiting on the cycle Amonia is at 4 ppm so I can't add anything yet : (

SDC10735.jpgSDC10744.jpg

i would say NO to the domino damsels they get big and mean.

2x CLowns

1 Firefish

1 goby

B)

NICE TANK!

I thikn you are right here...I am going to go with the Yellow clown goby, 1 fire fish , and 2 clowns much better than the damsels.

are you using A HOT magnum as a source of main filtration??

Not really I have plenty of live rock for a 20L tank the Magnum is more for flow and to keep the water clear.

• 4 weeks later...

Old scape VS. New Scape let me know your opinions!!! And some pics of added livestock since tank finally is throught he cycle and all.

Old Scape

SDC10744.jpg

New Scape with background

SDC10850.jpg

Firefish

SDC10824.jpg

Xenia

SDC10821.jpg

Ric

SDC10822.jpg

Acan Frag

SDC10820.jpg

Shrooms

SDC10785.jpg

GSP

SDC10793.jpg

Frogspawn looked pretty weak when I got it it has opened up quit a bit believe it or not only paid 10 bucks and it has 3 heads

SDC10825.jpg

So I am off to the LFS today to get 2 clowns and a bi-color blenny. Also gonna add to my CUC maybe 1 More Astrea and 2 more hermits. And maybe find a nice candy cane frag or some colorful zoas.

Like the two island look.

Can ya get a Magfloat all the way around the sides?

Yep have the nimble nano magnet so it goes pretty much anywhere. I did find it hard to clean the sand this past water change so I might move the islands a little closer together just to give more room between them and the glass. But so far I am liking the scape.

Thanks for the comments about the scape I just wish I had a better camera to snap some better pictures of my inhabitants. Seems like all my pictures come out with a green tint and I have played with the WB and can't get good pictures. Did pick up the 2 clowns but no Blenny yet. Think I am going to wait till I can get the Midas Blenny they look much cooler.

Archived