Cultivated Reef

Smurf's 92g bowfront corner

Smurf

Hello there NR! I recently was looking into upgrading from my 29 AGA, I didn't have alot of cash to start out with, and was only looking to upgrade to a 40-50g. But as amazing as craigslist was, I found a good steal on a 92g Corner w/stand and hood for only $200. Luckily the tank is drilled with an overflow so I'm not far from connecting it to my soon to be 29g fuge.

But as of right now I don't know what kind of lighting to use, the dimensions of my tank are 48 x 22 x 25 I think..? haha pics are attached, any help or opinion about lighting will be appreciated. Thanks!

sorry for crappy camera phone pic, its all i got.

post-32717-1263194136_thumb.jpg

But it will look awsome in the end!! Can't wait to see this set up.

As for an answer to your question, if you are not going to be keeping and SPS corals, then I would suggest to look for a 6 bulb T5 fixture.

But it will look awsome in the end!! Can't wait to see this set up.

As for an answer to your question, if you are not going to be keeping and SPS corals, then I would suggest to look for a 6 bulb T5 fixture.

Well nebthet, I can't wait to see it in action either! I am looking to transfer my SPS corals and clams not to mention some nems into my new tank. in due time of course. But as for now, I just got another great offer for $100 24" 250w Sunpod in my area. Is this enough to keep what I already have in my 29 under 150w mh?

You shouldn't have any issues with it.. especially if you use it in conjunction with your 150w.

Might want to keep your SPS a little higher but it should work plenty.

Depending on how you hand them, you could have some nice bright areas and then a couple more shaded areas.

I gave up on my 29g tank thread, but this is what it is about a month ago, natural sunlight. You can see why I need the upgrade.

here it commes :wacko:

post-32717-1263271918_thumb.jpg

I'll race you to see who gets it built faster lol jk but I'm right behind you...found out today that I'm gonna be getting my friends 90g woooot! Can't wait to set this beast up! Wensday morning bro! And that ish is mine muahahaha

I'll race you to see who gets it built faster lol jk but I'm right behind you...found out today that I'm gonna be getting my friends 90g woooot! Can't wait to set this beast up! Wensday morning bro! And that ish is mine muahahaha

I know right! Me and g are goin on a quest tomorrow for some more great deals!

Just filled my tank with sand and the smell was awful. Filling the rest tomorrow after questing, got pretty much everything I need so far. Thank goodness for these misc. fish items I had laying around, I would be spending a ton! Too bad I can only say that for some things.. the tools I used for my nano, look extra nano when I use 'em on the 92! :lol:

post-32717-1263352859_thumb.jpg

gonna watch your build!! i've had my 92 corner bow for a bit over a year and i'm lovin it!! Takes a bit more strategy for everything flow, lighting, scape. I find it alot more challenging than a box!!

I find it alot more challenging than a box!!

The flow part is easy. Point a few powerheads at the front, let the curve distribute the flow. Problem solved.

I liked my Corner tank, it just really only fits in 4 corners in the entire house and I didn't really want a tank in any of them. Now it's a 3-sided 55 only taking up 13" of wall space.

gonna watch your build!! i've had my 92 corner bow for a bit over a year and i'm lovin it!! Takes a bit more strategy for everything flow, lighting, scape. I find it alot more challenging than a box!!

Awesome! do you have a tank thread? I'm looking for more ideas :happy:

so far, all Ive been thinking about was my scaping! I've got many plans for the rock work, could someone link me a place I can buy some reef putty is it? The molding things you use to 'glue' rock together?

The flow part is easy. Point a few powerheads at the front, let the curve distribute the flow. Problem solved.

I'm sure flow is going to be easy like you said. I have 2 separate loclines (is that what its called?) in place for my return. I plan to just point them at the front glass like you said in opposite directions.

I'm sure flow is going to be easy like you said. I have 2 separate loclines (is that what its called?) in place for my return. I plan to just point them at the front glass like you said in opposite directions.

You'll probably still want a powerhead. A koralia 4 is a lot of flow for the money.

You'll probably still want a powerhead. A koralia 4 is a lot of flow for the money.

oh please believe the water will me moved! aha, I plan to keep maybe 2 k3's or if i have enough, a vortech.. I WISH

any other flow suggestions? I think that should be enough?

i use 2 k4's but not both at the glass. I found with one along the front glass and the other corner facing away from the front glass it creates a nice votex of flow. the top half of the tank being high flow and bottom being medium. this with a BB all the debris sitts in one spot in the middle for easy cleaning at wc time!!

FYI putty works ok for some aquascapes but if your gonna go high you should probibly drill your rock to avoid any accidents.

so I filled the tank a little bit more this afternoon and left a pump on. my water looks muddy? when I had done this in my old tank, with sand, the dust settled in less than a day, I filled it earlier this morning. Anyone know whats going on? Im stumped.. :/

i use 2 k4's but not both at the glass. I found with one along the front glass and the other corner facing away from the front glass it creates a nice votex of flow. the top half of the tank being high flow and bottom being medium. this with a BB all the debris sitts in one spot in the middle for easy cleaning at wc time!!

FYI putty works ok for some aquascapes but if your gonna go high you should probibly drill your rock to avoid any accidents.

Awesome, I'll try to get a hold of some k4's then.

But so far I'm anxious to get all my livestock out of my 29 so I can convert it into a fuge already! someone maybe coming by tomorrow to pick it all up. Lets hope we both walk away happy!

Not sure what to tell you there.. was it new sand or old? Did you rinse it off before you put it in the tank. I know some people have that issue if they don't rinse it first.

I rinsed it off, but I guess I didnt do a good job. :(

I stroked my fingers through the sand earlier and pulled up a dead bristleworm about 1 1/2" long. FMLFMLFML

Archived