SaltCritters.com

Picotope AIO Conversion

jestersix

After my Dad's last hospital visit I moved my Barracuda to his house. He loves it but, I really missed the lil AIO. Had my old JBJ Picotope and decided to talk with deli to see what we could do...He delivered a fine retro fit kit - a new build begins!

Let us begin

IMG_2104.jpg

Next, a better shot of the conversion piece

IMG_2105.jpg

After I siliconed it in - I wasn't even going to attempt to post in progress pictures, because I managed to get silicone ALL OVER THE PLACE! Looks nice now...

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

More to come...

Good job on the silicone! Looks good and just in time for the pico contest.

Not sure if I will be ready for contest, still have to get the stand finished...but maybe! Seriously Chris, I think you have a market for that wall, it makes the perfect conversion to AIO. I am really excited to get this up and running, but I'm going to take my time and do it right.

cdelicath made the wall?

looks good by the way!

Yeah, Deli made the wall - it is very sweet to see the Picotope as an AIO. Thanks for the good words.

Very nice I am working on my own false wall project. What distance did you decide to mount it from the back of the tank?

Deli made the wall for me - he built it at 3 inches and it works great...water tested tonight and the waterline is about 1/2 inch from rim.

Wish I would have kept the dimensions :slap:

You didn't? Ummm....maybe I can get them when I paint the back. At least close...I will do my best when I'm working on it tomorrow!

What type of a pump do you plan on running in there for flow?

Rio 90 and I'll see if I need a little extra, but I'm thinking from the test last night it will be plenty.

Painted the back tonight, I'll get some new pics up tomorrow. Stained the stand, just need to give it a light sanding and put some clearcoat on it and hopefully this will be ready for water in a few days! YAY!

Bout time!! :P

I ordered a Picotope for testing ideas on and it will be here thursday.

Keep watching the site for picotope mods......The wall is just the beginning.

I must state here that Deli is an evil man...you give him an idea, he delivers and then uses that to create a ton of things you want so you spend money at picoaquariums.com :P

You call it evil my wife calls it obsessed! :lol:

All the money I make from the site goes right back into R&D on new stuff. I'm sure one day I will run out of ideas.

Guess what I had on my doorstep when I got home?

4273345010_47712a9dff.jpg

Yep the wheels are turning already.....

Really liking this conversion! Any chance you can get a measurement on how much room is left up front? May be hitting deli up for one of these long as he hurries up with his R&D

Well, I taped and painted the back yesterday...

IMG_2137.jpg

You can see where I left a "window" at the edge to check the water level.

IMG_2139.jpg

Bottom will be for the DJ style power supplies for the tanks, First shelf will be my 20L Frag Tank and top will be the Picotope AIO and Azoo Choppy...Hopefully I will get the first couple of coats of clear on today.

IMG_2138.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting something going. Moved some things over so it could start running - have to get the rest of the live rock gathered up from the display before I can actually work on the 'scape.

IMG_2195.jpg

Here is the stand with all three Picos started. Just need to get the cords under control and start making them all purty and stuff!

IMG_2192.jpg

Archived