Pod Your Reef

Fiction's 5g ADA

fiction101

I've always wanted to try an ADA tank but I could never find a fixture that would work with it, thankfully with Evil's par38 lamp which came out late last year there was finally an easy light option for these tanks. :D

I'm trying to follow dapellegrini's perfect looking 5g ADA set-up, by trying to keep it clean and simple and not having tons of equipment showing.

First photo of it right out of the box with a nano koralia.

P1010530.jpg

Something I should of bought a long time ago.

P1010531.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Fiction! That is a gorgeous tank, what do you plan to keep in it?

I'm transferring over mainly zoas and palys from my 3g picotope. I think I'm going to avoid sps from now on. :)

You gotta figure when a tank looks hella nice empty, it's going to look superb filled up.

Are you going with one of the wider optic Par38 bulbs?

-Adam

You gotta figure when a tank looks hella nice empty, it's going to look superb filled up.

Are you going with one of the wider optic Par38 bulbs?

-Adam

I have the 60 degree optics at the moment, I might switch them out for the 80's if it's not enough.

can't wait to see this with the light over it. are you going with a rack system or desktop fixture?

I'm using the same one from my picotope.

its like there's NO silicone at all...... :eek:

Hah I know, it's crazy how perfect it is. :D

I transferred everything from my picotope to this tank last night, I'm using an AC30 on it for a few days to help clear up the water. I'm using all new dry seaflor special grade sand, which looks really nice and it so much better then the sugar sized sand I was using in my picotope. :)

Here's a couple FTS from today.

P1010534.jpg

P1010535.jpg

I think I might end up going with two nano korlia's, I forgot how weak they are.

how is the coverage in a little bit bigger tank?

I think it's perfect, the 60 degree optics reach both sides of the tank at 14" long. I hope more people pick up these ADA mini-m tanks, since the par38 seems to be a good fit for them. :)

Drift Monkey

Lookin' good fiction. Good to see the PAR38 working out for this system too. It should fair well seeing as you're steering away from SPS.

Archived