DSCN1308.jpg

Tank on 4/16/2012

DSCN1362.jpg

Tank on 12/20/2012 3 Years of Life

DSCN1368_zps5bccaf55.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like you put the live rock on top of the sand bed. I have seen people put the rock on the glass and then add sand afterward. Which is better? Thanks.

honestly I dont know I am defitley a newbie in this realm. I wanted to put it on top of the sand because I feel you can get it to stand better hope that helps.

Welcome to Nano-Reef!!! You have a good start, it looks like you have a lot of good shelves for growing out coral and lots of room for fishes to swim. Keep going with your updates.

found this today any idea what it is?

DSCN0622.jpg

looks like a stomatella...

like the rockwork. lots of great places for fish/critters to explore and plenty of surface area for corals.

cheers...

Got two true percula clowns today. When I got them home my yellow tail damsel started going after them needless to say he is back at the fish store already. This caused me to have to re-aquascape yet again. They are eating good but just living in the upper right hand corner of my tank. Kind of concerned about them. Still waiting on my shipment of goodies. Oh and I also added a green star polyp, zoas, some brown button polpys and a green button polyp.

I have mine under the top intake grate on the right side of the tank. The center of the magnet is probably 3 inches below the bottom of the grate.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a aquatic life 115 skimmer today and put that in chamber 1. Then I put my heater in chamber 3. I think I am going to ditch the bioballs finally. I will be taking them out a few a day as long as you guys think thats good. I also am trying out this microbactor 7 to take care of my cyano problem. Hopefully everything goes as planned. Let me know what you guys think. I will have to get some pictures of all the coral because it is all growning and looking much better than these pictures shows it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new tank shots and new additions. Sorry for the crappy pics lighting kind of sucks and camera kinda sucks you get what you get sorry.

Full tank shot

DSCN0671.jpg

Clowns

DSCN0670.jpg

Purple chalice

DSCN0669.jpg

hollywood stunner

DSCN0668.jpg

Blue chalice

DSCN0667.jpg

Idaho Grape Monti

DSCN0666.jpg

GSP

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

Green button

DSCN0664.jpg

Green monti

DSCN0663.jpg

Red Monti

DSCN0662.jpg

Hammer

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

Blue plate

DSCN0660.jpg

Clam!

DSCN0659.jpg

Green button eating

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg

Thanks to all the local people that hooked me up with this stuff PJR and Binford

• 3 weeks later...

I got another pistol today in hopes of creating a pair the first one never found my goby. After a couple hours of watching the goby try to corral the pistol out of the tube I put him in I think they finally paired. With a little help from yours truly very happy with my new purchase and my new pair. Also picked up a lettuce nudibranch to help with some hair algae and they just look so cool. One more thing I found some tunicates this morning and some baby somethings swimming around. What a sweet tank.

• 1 month later...

So I had bought another goby a randells in hopes of getting another pair. Long story short no luck. Saw a pistol at the LFS this weekend and I tried to pair it up with my new goby however he went right to my other pair of a yellow watchmen and pistol. So now my watchmen has 2 pistols and my randells oh well what can you do.

Still waiting on my LEDS :angry:

UPDATE the Randalli paired with my lone pistol shrimp!!! Now I have a Randalli paired with one and a YWG paired with 2. Fricken awesome made my day thats for sure.

• 5 weeks later...

OK UPDATE CITY

Got the LEDs in today (and installed) and a huge shipment of coral yesterday plus more that hasn't been put on this site yet.. Are you ready for it.... are you...

Corals:

Purple Lace coral

Superman Monti

Dendro

Birds nest

Two acros that are sweet

Amp zoas

and the guy threw in for free a flower pot and a favia of some sort

Fing Darth Maul RBTA that is just dead sexy

Pictures to come tomorrow if there is enough harassment....

Archived