2 Stalks of Pink Pulsing Xenia

CUC/FILTRATION:

6 Hawaiian Hermits

3 Nassarius Snails

3 Margarita Snails

1 Beat up Bastage of a Brittle Star

1 Ball of Chaeto

post-42303-1261088380_thumb.jpg

Did you always have the 2 par38's? I thought it was just one last time. Looks good tho, I would have rocked 2 as well. I'm waiting for the wider optics.

Did you always have the 2 par38's? I thought it was just one last time. Looks good tho, I would have rocked 2 as well. I'm waiting for the wider optics.

No, I ordered my second about a week before Evil announced the wider optics option. The upside is after the holidays I'll probably be sending one at a time back to be upgraded to wider optics and one to 21 watts. So I'll have an extra lamp.....ADA 12" cube maybe? ;) It just sucks trying to take pics that look halfway normal, the LEDs are just too damn bright.

what a neat little tank, i love it!

I'll trade ya'! Quick turn around on the tranformation of the Elos and an awesome job. I love the dendro colony, how long have you had it and what kind growth have you experienced?

What's up bud? The tank is looking great man!

I'm upgrading my light too, what size optics are you going w/ 60 or 80?

Thanks, I think mine would've lost to yours anyway. I'm going to go with the 60, I saw a pic in a thread with the 60s about 8 inches above a JBJ pico and it had good coverage...I'll have to search for the thread. Have you got your warty interested in frozen yet? Mine seems to have hit puberty, he's getting pimples and orange spots. Is yours changing at all?

I have my par38 with 60 degree optics 10 inches above the water line now. I think the extra two inches helped get a little bit of better coverage.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Any updates on this tank?

It's now a mantis tank! I found what I'm 99% sure is a purple spot mantis (gonodactylus smithii) at my LFS yesterday and couldn't pass him up. He's a littlle over 2 inches and has already started destroying the CUC. I hope to have pics up next week. Right now I'm trying to stay away from the tank and let him get settled in. He's made a burrow right in the front and I really don't want him to get stressed, abandon it and build in the back of the tank.

did the frogfish die?

Yeah, I had a LED moonlight fall in the rear chamber and didn't realize it. All my corals went crazy excreting junk and Jelly Belly died the next day. I'll be setting up a GLA 18" cube in Feb-March of next year, I'm still undecided if I'm going to put another warty in it. It was a definite until I found the mantis, but I don't know if I want 2 species tanks.

I just fed my dendros, duncans and acans. The mantis came out (timidly at first) and grabbed some mysis. Hopefully he'll associate people around the tank with food and will become less timid.

Archived