inTank Media Baskets

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

well i was asked quite a few times to do another group buy so here it finally is. (nd now i am including meanwell drivers) this time i was able to get the newer LEDs for the same price as the old trusty xr-e's. shipping will be a flat rate of $12 (add $4 if you are getting meanwells..bigger box. so 16 total) this time around to cover shipping and paypal fees. please PM with a quote for international shipping. if you want to join, please click on the button below. i'm again doing it through www.gotogroupbuy.com. it was very helpful last time. please,eveyone check your paypal account and make sure your shipping address is correct as well as your paypal email address. this caused delays the last time around. payment is due 3 days after the end of the group buy. please note, groupbuy.com will send an automatic erroneous bill which you should ignore. i will send you out a correct invoice. i could do a separate group buy for meanwell drivers if there is enough interest. these will be for the "p" and "d" versions (eln-60- 48). here are the pricing breakdown:

CREE XR-E cool whites and royal blues:

CREE XP-G CW (R5'S) AND XP-E ROYAL BLUES

Up to and including 100: $5.95 each

101-250: $5.85 each

251-350: $5.75 each

350-500: $5.65 each

500+: $5.30 each

Meanwell drivers eln 60-48 versions "d", "p", or no dimming if wanted

1-5 units $40

6-20 units $37

21-49 units $30

50-100 units $27

101+units$26

Lenses are available too for $1.ea for the xr-e's and the angles are 80, 60, 40, 25, and 8 degree

Lenses for the xp-g's and xp-e's are $1.35 ea and come in 40 degrees or tighter. i will get exact angles later today (thanks Evil)

when you are ready to join the group buy please click on the link below (www.gotogroupbuy.com)

thanks

note if you want lenses only please post here and not on the group buy site

Click here to join this group buy

xr-e cw Q5

*deepdvnarq 15

*newbostonconstruction 5

*therman 25

*project82s10 6

*sleeuno 6

*wildwillie 18

*jtro 150

*staffybull 48

*vanz 12

*Hersey 40

*qualitycontrol 6

*chrisoz 20

*vresor 12

*NanNewB 4

*Mike HArrington 48

*spacey 12

total

xr-e rb D3

*deepdvnarq 30

*doctaq 18

*ianryeng 12

*imagex 26

*newbostonconstruction 8

*therman 75

*whitiecasper82 36

*project82s10 6

*sleeuno 6

*milanf 12

*wildwillie 18

*jtro 150

*staffybull 48

*bstohrer 38

*blibo 13

*vanz 12

*Danielrvb 15

*Hersey 40

*qualitycontrol 6

*DaveFason 12

*perm 6

*chrisoz 19

*vresor 12

*NanNewB 8

*ddwbeagles 13

*kplagens 13

*Mike HArrington 36

*dovla 6

*gioNVA 13

*DiverReefer 13

*spacey 12

*hllywd 24

total

xp-g cw R5

*deave 72

*deepdvnarq 40

*badcoffee 24

*jman785 13

*newbostonconstruction 5

*therman 48

*fergas 35

*lmn 12

*milanf 14

*whitiecasper82 36

*perm 52

*jayme22 12

*farkwar 5

*mwz 60

*doctaq 18

*bstohrer 40

*jpmig 54

*blibo 13

*Danielrvb 15

*Reggie 24

*cptbjorn 10

*ebn 16

*jma1975 50

*DaveFason 12

*laverda 13

*tuumi 24

*pitahall 12

*wwu123 4

*ddwbeagles 13

*superglue 6

*kplagens 13

*dovla 6

*gioNVA 13

*rrcg50 24

*not_sponsored 25

total

xp-e rb D3

*deave 72

*deepdvnarq 40

*badcoffee 24

*jman785 13

*newbostonconstruction 7

*lmn 12

*perm 52

*jayme22 12

*farkwar 4

*mwz 65

*jpmig 52

*Reggie 24

*cptbjorn 8

*ebn 16

*laverda 13

*tuumi 24

*pitahall 8

*wwu123 4

*rrcg50 24

*not_sponsored 20

total

xr-e lenses

*doctaq 12 80degress 1 40degrees 1 60 degree 1 8 degree

*imagex 52 60degrees

*ianryeng 12 60degree 12 80degree

*therman 30 40 degree 60 60degree

*sleeuno 12 60 degree

*jtro 150 80 degree 150 60 degree

*whitiecasper82 36 40 degree

*staffybull 96 60 degree

*bstohrer 12 60 degree 24 40 degree

*vanz 12 80degree 12 60 degree

*Hersey 50 40 degree 30 60 degree

*DaveFason 12 8 degree 12 40 degree

*perm 6 40 degree

*chrisoz 39 60 degree

*NanNewB 8 60 degree 4 80 degree

*kplagens 13 60 degree

*dovla 2 60 degree 2 80 degree

*gioNVA 6 60 degree 6 80 degree

*spacey 24 60 degree

*hllywd 24 40 degree 24 60 degree

xp-e and xp-g lenses (only 40 and 30 degree available)

*deave 144 40 degree

*therman 44 40 degree

*deepdvarq 80 40 degree

*bad coffee 48 40 degree

*perm 100 40degree

*whitiecasper62 36 40 degree

*mwz 10 40 degree

*doctaq 12 40 degree

*bstohrer 40 40 degree

*jpmig 106 40 degree

*Reggie 48 40 degree

*enb 24 40degree

*DaveFason 12 40 degree

*laverda 6 40 degree

*cptbjorn 2 40 degree

*kplagens 6 40 degree

*dovla 2 40 degree

*gioNVA 6 40 degree

total LEDs

meanwells

*Deepdvnarq 16 "d" (maybe 16 total)

*ianryeng 2"d"

*therman 14"d"

*whitiecasper82 6"d"

*jma1978 14 d

*lmn 6d

*perm 8d

*milanf 2d

*wildwillie 2p

*jayme22 2d

*farkwar 2d

*jtro 24d

*staffybull 8d

*jpmig 8d

*blibo 2d

*vanz 2d

*Hersey 6d

*Reggie 4d

*ebn 1d

*qualitycontrol 2d

*laverda 2d

*tuumi 4d

*pitahall 2d

*chrisoz 3d

*vresor 2d

*NanNewB 1p

*ddwbeagles 2d

*deave 6d

*nitjt 7d

*Mike HArrington 2d

*gioNVA 2d

*spacey 2d

*hllywd 4p

*dovla 2p

*superglue 2d

*rrcg50 4d

*not_sponsored 4d

total (d 9p)

**updated feb 3st**

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm interested in 3 meanwell eln-60-48..

okay that 3 for you and 2 for me. if we can get about 20 together we can do a group buy. there is going to be a wait on these however. my distributors are out of stock at the moment and wont get them in until mid january.

Im interested in more LED's, but i had a few questions I was hoping you could answer for me beforehand:

• can you also get the r5 or s2 bins for the xp-g, what group are the blues?
  • are the optics for the xp-g the same size as the xr-e/ as efficient
  • Im buying these to save for a future project in um, 6 months or more. Do you think I'd be better off waiting for a new generation instead? I might still buy some xr-e blues either way

Im interested in more LED's, but i had a few questions I was hoping you could answer for me beforehand:

• can you also get the r5 or s2 bins for the xp-g, what group are the blues?
  • are the optics for the xp-g the same size as the xr-e/ as efficient
  • Im buying these to save for a future project in um, 6 months or more. Do you think I'd be better off waiting for a new generation instead? I might still buy some xr-e blues either way

*i will see on the R5's and the RB are all D3.

*i was mistaken on the angles for the lenses on the xp-g's...thanks to Evil! the lenses are not interchangable between the xr-e's and the xp-g's. the xp-g's only come in 40 degree or tighter.

*the prices are about the same with the new LEDs as the old ones. you would think that the xr-e's would come down on price, but they did not.

maybe a foolish question but will these be mounted to a star?

if they are i am in for 12 xp-g CW and 12 xr-e RB and 12 80 degree optics on the xr-es come with holders right? haha

Can someone recommend what lens for a 18 x 18 cube? I currently have a 16 led setup and am ready to purchase.

depends what you ant to keep. with no lenses, you can keep lower light corals on the sand bed and work your way up in intensity or if you want to keep anything at the sand bed, i would go with 80's first then the 60's if you want more PAR at the sand bed. i'm assming you have to xr-e LEDs. remember the tighter the optic/lense, the greater chances for spot lighting.

maybe a foolish question but will these be mounted to a star?

if they are i am in for 12 xp-g CW and 12 xr-e RB and 12 80 degree optics on the xr-es come with holders right? haha

yes thelenses come complete. just snpon. a little silicone if you want to really secure it.

got you down. please click on the link and sign up if you havent done so already. thanks

What do you recommend for a 34 g Solana? I have 12 cree's from last group by. 6 RB and 6 CW.

I would like to build my fixture in Jan.

Let me know.

thanks

Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me (lol,pun not intended).

I need to get ~20RB's to go with the XR-E Q5's I already have. What is the actual difference in terms of our application between the XR and XP series. I realize the XP led's are smaller footprint but dont see how that particularly benefits us...

I have also read that the XP's will produce more light with less throw, but dont know exactly what that means in this context. The largest difference that I notice is that they seem to have dropped the lower bins for the XP compared to the XR but the XP has a wider viewing angle. Is that desirable?

I notice some people opting for the XP CW and XR RB, any reason for mixing them up aside from the R4 bin that I am missing as to why though? Why not get the XP RB as well?

i think i am going to take the plunge and get the leds,,,wish it went longer to get more from tax money. but anyways i have only seen the blues not the royal blues. i was looking for a color like hamilton 14,000k halides. should i still do a 50/50 ratio and dim the blues or should i go with more of a 60/40 split on the leds

thanks jeff

sorry folks for not being on as much. it is real crazy these days being the holidays and the new year. i will try to get to everyone as soon as possible. things should be back to normal after the 4th. until then, i hope eveyone had a great christmas and i wish everyone a happy new year! now off to work i go!

so were you able to check on the r5 bins? (or s2 if at all possible). what about the xp-e blues, 14 or 15?

also, is the xp series optics the same diameter as the xr series?

Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me (lol,pun not intended).

I need to get ~20RB's to go with the XR-E Q5's I already have. What is the actual difference in terms of our application between the XR and XP series. I realize the XP led's are smaller footprint but dont see how that particularly benefits us...

I have also read that the XP's will produce more light with less throw, but dont know exactly what that means in this context. The largest difference that I notice is that they seem to have dropped the lower bins for the XP compared to the XR but the XP has a wider viewing angle. Is that desirable?

I notice some people opting for the XP CW and XR RB, any reason for mixing them up aside from the R4 bin that I am missing as to why though? Why not get the XP RB as well?

From what I could tell, the XP-G CW produce more lumens than the XR-Es, while the XP-E RB have virtually identical output to the XRs. So you get more for the additional optics cost with the XP-G CW, but don't with the XP-E RBs. As such I'll probably go with the XP-G CW and XR-E RBs. If you aren't using optics it probably makes no difference.

Archived