Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nemmy's 40b x 3

nemmy

Skip to post http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/218056-nemmys-40b-x-3/?p=4671423 for updates

Oh, painted the wall too haha.

Display: Two 40 Breeders joined by sump.
Sump: 40 Breeder
Skimmer: BM Nac6

Lighting:
AI Hydras with controller

Controller: Reefkeeper Lites (one for each tank)
SL2 Module, PH probe, Salinity probe,
ATO: Digital aquatics float switches hooked to SL2 Module.

Current FTS of the build.
http://s158.photobucket.com/user/joshbr85/media/IMG_20140315_214448_zpsaxoybjq3.jpg.html'>IMG_20140315_214448_zpsaxoybjq3.jpg

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I didn't realize you had so much light!! Be sure to keep that birdsnest you got from me as low as possible, it will turn pink with too much light.

Wow, I didn't realize you had so much light!! Be sure to keep that birdsnest you got from me as low as possible, it will turn pink with too much light.

Its in the bottom 1/3rd of the tank right now.

I woke up this afternoon to my return pump sucking in and gurgling air, the display tank was a bit shy of water too. Come to find out the flex tubing i got from eshopps that goes from the HOB overflow into the sump busted a hole at one of the seams!

How the heck does that happen!?

It could have busted right above the sump so the water went in it, but no it busted behind the stand so that water goes on the freaking floor.

Another good reason to make a small return section on the sump, i only lost 1/2 gallon of water or so.

Was doing a waterchange the other day, with all the flow off my rose opened up real good to show its size.

Think small dinner plate

My rescue nems are coloring up more thank god, the original one was CLEAR when i got it.

I feel bad for nems that are bleached and always talk the stores out of them for cheap.

post-47775-1260862147_thumb.jpg

Kindof off the topic, and maybe I am old-school and missing something here... but this is the second thread I have read today that was talking about "rescue nems"

Am I missing something here..... ????

By the way nemmy.... love the tank, that is one hell of a setup you got there.... I like it ;)

Kindof off the topic, and maybe I am old-school and missing something here... but this is the second thread I have read today that was talking about "rescue nems"

Am I missing something here..... ????

By the way nemmy.... love the tank, that is one hell of a setup you got there.... I like it ;)

If i see a bubble tip anemone at a local fish store thats looking sickly i will "rescue" it and try to shape it up then trade it out to someone local. So its a "rescue nem", its not an official term or anything.

Its a double edged sword honestly. Its either let it die at the LFS or buy it and they end up ordering more. I always talk them down on price though.

I'm just obsessed with anemone. I would buy other kinds to try to save but i dont mix their species in my tank.

• 3 weeks later...
cheryl jordan

Very nice pictures nemmy, I actually missed this somehow. The color of your anemones is really nice, and the I like the black sand. It must be an aquired taste because the more I see it the more I like it. :D

• 3 weeks later...
What is the size of your HOB overflow? I have a 40b and I thinking about getting a sump.

eshoppes 300gph model. My return pump is about 200gph. I like the nice slow movement through the sump so the refugium has time to so it's job.

Can't believe this got dug up. Nobody cares about my tank here lol.

Guess I should post in it more considering I have new corals and such.

Glad you painted the back black. I can't stand seeing wires hanging off the back in my tank.

I just slapped some window tint on it for now. I'm going to be getting a second 40 Breeder soon, drill it, paint it, and transfer the livestock. Then drill and paint the current 40B and plumb them together.

At least thats the plan so far...

Dont shoot me if it doesnt happen.

I just slapped some window tint on it for now. I'm going to be getting a second 40 Breeder soon, drill it, paint it, and transfer the livestock. Then drill and paint the current 40B and plumb them together.

At least thats the plan so far...

Dont shoot me if it doesnt happen.

no but in the mean time we can have fun planing your tank for you.

what kind of overflow system do you think you will use. and will the tanks be on the same wall.

no but in the mean time we can have fun planing your tank for you.

what kind of overflow system do you think you will use. and will the tanks be on the same wall.

Planned on the glass holes 700gph overflow kit on both the tanks.

No idea for return pump yet.

I'm not looking for super fast return speed as i want the refugium to have time to do its job, the flow will be boosted in the displays by powerheads.

Planned on the glass holes 700gph overflow kit on both the tanks.

No idea for return pump yet.

I'm not looking for super fast return speed as i want the refugium to have time to do its job, the flow will be boosted in the displays by powerheads.

thats also the most efficient way to go. you thinkin vortech or something else.

thats also the most efficient way to go. you thinkin vortech or something else.

While i think the Vortech's are awesome, i really cant justify the price to buy one. I have had excellent luck with koralia, so i will stick with them for now.

I just feel lighting, and protein skimmer are more important than an over priced powerhead.

Archived