inTank Media Baskets

Wawawang's 5g AIO

Wawawang

I have a cutom 5g AIO fabricated by Deli at www.picoaquariums.com. Tank dimensions are 17x10x8 with the AIO part taking 3inches on the left side of the display.

This setup will sit on my bar peninsula style and will be powered by evil's medium base led pico lamp. I want this tank to serve as my QT and i will probably throw in a few corals to make it look good since it is displayed on my bar.

Here is a few pics. I will recieve the tank next week Tuesday. I plan on using the water and live rock from my 40breeder display.

Pic when Deli was water testing.

4131685466_462c1901b0.jpg

pic of my bar and led lights

0fbe2700.jpg

f98d3450.jpg

3a5002a9.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auto top off

How do you plan to affix them? Also, if you dont mind me asking, what did the tank cost you? I'm in the market for a similar system.

Thanks!

How do you plan to affix them? Also, if you dont mind me asking, what did the tank cost you? I'm in the market for a similar system.

Thanks!

Im not sure how im going to affix the water bottles yet. I have an idea but im not sure how it will work until I get the tank in. As far as the cost its around the cost of the all acrylic barracuda pico he has on the site.

That tank IS a QT!

Yes its sole purpose is for a QT tank. I wanted it to look good as well since its on my bar. I have a blue tort that i took out for the pics. Going to observe it for a couple more days for any red bugs or AEFW. If I see any I can treat the tank with interceptor with no problems. I just have to move the hermits to my 40 breeder while being treated.

HAWT

Thanks. Used a couple corals that usually don't get any love. GSP and xenia. It turned out pretty well. Used the GSP as foreground kinda looks like grass, xenia as mid ground, torch as background. Kinda reminds me of a planted tank.

Warehouse41Ant

Very cool QT tank. Love the idea of a display QT tank with some cheaper corals. Looks very nice.

Did that purple lighting come from the par 38 lamp (that's what it looks like). I've never seen such purple lighting before, but really like it.

Very cool QT tank. Love the idea of a display QT tank with some cheaper corals. Looks very nice.

Did that purple lighting come from the par 38 lamp (that's what it looks like). I've never seen such purple lighting before, but really like it.

Its weird how it came out purpleish. Must have happened when I uploaded and converted it to photobucket. This lamp is the 20k par38.

Thank you for the complements.

awesome tank. hows the diy auto top off working for you? you just filled it up and put it in their, and it works something like the office type water jugs?

ATO works flawlessly. 16 oz hamster bottle will last the entire day. Its a gravity fed ato i think the 34g gallon solona's have the same type of ATO system.

(in the picture above that is a 8 oz bottle. I updraged to the 16 oz since the old one would only last half the day.)

Archived