ReefCleaners.org

Jestersix Barracuda Pico

jestersix

I have one of the new Barracuda AIO Picos from PicoAquariums our own cdelicath. Mine is the glass version and I won't post up pictures of the empty tank - check out Evil's Pico for some great shots...mine looks just the same, only exception is glass vs acrylic.

Mine has the LEDs and ATO from Deli too. Bottom line is I am not a DIY guy - this setup absolutely rocks right out of the box. Very nice finish on the tank and the lights have a sleek minimalist look to them. Lots of flow - depending on what you put in you may need to dial down the pump as I had to.

The AIO design make it simple - I added a fuge light in the second chamber and grow Chaeto like crazy. Picos are really about balance - it is way to easy to have your params swing about on them. The tank has been up and running for a couple of months now and stays dialed in. I just keep feeding to a minimum...no fish yet, but still on the lookout for the right little goby.

Enuff said...pics from start to current:

Start

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

Cool logo

DSC00704.jpg

Excuse the flash

DSC00924.jpg

Stocked

DSC00932.jpg

Micromussa

IMG_0447.jpg

FTS

IMG_1013.jpg

Wow. You sure got that crammed pretty quick. Looks great dude :)

Deli, nice job on the silicone. Thought about doing a black silicone version?

Thanks Evil! Crazy how fast the Acans are growing - all of them have babies all around the base. A black silicone version would mean I have to buy another, it would look crazy cool!

Wow. You sure got that crammed pretty quick. Looks great dude :)

Deli, nice job on the silicone. Thought about doing a black silicone version?

thanx, Yep it's available as a option on all my tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

what a well done pico i really like the high tech look, that is a space rocket pico love the colors and how they are offset by black sand 10 out of 10 man.

b

Sorry I've been MIA - my Dad ended up back in the hospital and I've been pretty busy with that. Just did a major re-scape and will give it a couple days to let the "dust" settle and post some new pics. I just wan't happy with how the Zoas were looking (they were growing like crazy and had good color, but seemded the polyps were smaller) and decided since the Acans were doing so well to make them the focus. They are all not speaking to me right now, but should open up for pictures soon. Hitting the local club frag swap next weekend, and think I will add some SPS to see how they do...

Almost forgot - Chris, thanks for the cool sig graphics!

Sorry I've been MIA - my Dad ended up back in the hospital and I've been pretty busy with that. Just did a major re-scape and will give it a couple days to let the "dust" settle and post some new pics. I just wan't happy with how the Zoas were looking (they were growing like crazy and had good color, but seemded the polyps were smaller) and decided since the Acans were doing so well to make them the focus. They are all not speaking to me right now, but should open up for pictures soon. Hitting the local club frag swap next weekend, and think I will add some SPS to see how they do...

Almost forgot - Chris, thanks for the cool sig graphics!

Dim the LED's down like 40% and wait a few weeks to see if it makes a difference.

I think it's just too much light for zoo's. Mine did the same and I run mine now at half power and they are looking good again. Love the sig :lol:

I like the idea of being mostly LPS/SPS - wait until I post some pics. The Acans are doing so well, I am giving them more room to grow out. Besides, you can never have too many Acans...LOL. The Zoas will certainly work - left a mixed mini colony of Radioactive Dragon Eyes and Pale Aqua Paly that are loving the tank. Guess I just like the idea of cranking the lights up a bit and seeing what SPS will do.

The params stay pretty darn stable, so I'm thiking it will be cool. Put a tiny Monti plate in - curious to see how fast it will grow out. I know the Birdsnest has grown from a nub to a nice small branching colony, so I figured SPS will be fun. Should have pics in a day or so - the Acans are starting to peek out.

how thick is the acrylic on the barracuda? Do you guys notice any bowing with it?

The acrylic is 3/16" on the Barracuda and mine also has a slight bow. Very small in comparison to other acrylic tanks I have seen but it does bow. And mine bows even more because the side are 1/8". My production units are all 3/16" this is one of my OG test units. The bowing even though cosmetic is another reason I prefer glass.

4109967770_562ef2b883.jpg

Just more weight IMO but i'm sure it would help some what. I might grab a bit of 1/4" and try it out when I get time.

nm i realized its just the acryic tanks

Archived