Innovative Marine Aquariums

my 30g tank

mike30g

• 1 month later...

12/9/9

setting up the fuge..... going to be in the basement pumping back up to the main floor. has anyone else done this and have any pointers for me? i have a 20g fuge/sump and a 5g skimmer tank with a 9.5 mag for a return pump. it will have a 1200gph overflow. curently the tank has sundial t5ho. anyone have one? if so how do you like it. if so how is it with ur corals? wow how many times i have changed my plans and then stared over and over again. i need to go aa :D (aquariums anonamous)lol. oh man good times. will keep u posted.

post-47562-1260417308_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

oh... no... you didn't... The Tang police is sooooo comin for you. :angry:

Stevie T... where you at?!?!?!? You need to go all :rant: on his azz!

On a more serious note: why don't you get a large BRT (Black Rubber Tote) for a sump? it is going to be in your basement where space is much less of an issue, so why not increase system volume? you can get really large (50 gal) BRTs at local stores for prety cheep!

ya ya i know all about the tang police. let them come. we will go around and around. bottom line he is healthy will have a larger tank within the year. as for the fuge i actuly uped the size to a 20g long with a seperate skimmer compartment for a total of around 23g plus my massave eshopps 1200 overflow and hoses for some where close to a 55g+ complete system. fuge has 5in dsb and alot o macro. will get some pics up of the fuge latter this week time permtting of course.

:angry: oh no one less fish...?!? my bycolor went carpet surfin. almost stepped on him. :(

Tang prob projected his misery onto him until he couldn't take it anymore.

If I were going through the trouble of plumbing my sump in the basement, I would try to at least tripple system volume. Talk about low maint... Water changes and heating would cost a little more, but think about the dilution and stability... Well worth it in IMO.

can i have some more $$$$$? plumbing was no prob going to the basement. to tell you the truth i think it was simpler than doing a under tank setup as i will also have a 20g ato tank, 10g wc tank, shelving for chem,salt,testing eqip,mixing pails, and parts and such for my other 3 fish tanks.

the tang from the looks of it he is very healthy. if some one is gong to say "but it aint happy" i always thought that a healthy fish was a happy fish. and like i said i will be getting a bigger tank within the year

can i have some more $$$$$? plumbing was no prob going to the basement. to tell you the truth i think it was simpler than doing a under tank setup as i will also have a 20g ato tank, 10g wc tank, shelving for chem,salt,testing eqip,mixing pails, and parts and such for my other 3 fish tanks.

the tang from the looks of it he is very healthy. if some one is gong to say "but it aint happy" i always thought that a healthy fish was a happy fish. and like i said i will be getting a bigger tank within the year

Just flicking you some crap... I could care less about the tang. Sometimes its just fun to push people's buttons. ;)

But man... Why NOT plug in an extra 30gal garbage bin into the system? Dilution is the solution to polution...

ya i know you are flickin(man it stinks over here lol) poo. the plan is to use my 30g dt in the basment mostly for lr once i gat a larger tank.

i almost got my overflow done hopfuly can get up some more pics tonite. B)

ya i know its a work in progress. but a a better note i think i found a sweet 75g bow front tank w/ built in overflow, stand, canopy, a little lr, and a few frags..... fingerscrossed WOOT WOOT!!! :happydance:

ah shoot man he sold it right out from under me. oh well.

• 1 month later...
Needs paint Dude...on the outside.

just joking, but I would paint the back.

Otherwise, looks pretty good.

ya.

i always have to learn the hard way. it will be on the future tank 4 sure

sweet as i was movin my lr around tonight i found pods. and alot of em.

yay yay :)

the tank is on the right path!

how was the eheim working for you? im thinking about putting my old one on my 75 gallon and slowly turn it into a reef tank

i have not been using it for over a month now. i am all natral with now filter. but befor i had my sump, skimmer, and fuge it seemed to work well for me. it had a good flow also.

Archived