Jacobnano

Tank Specs

Display: Aquapod 24g 19.75" x 17" x 20"

Lighting: Current USA 150w Sunpod, with a 14k Phoenix Bulb

Skimmer: Warner Marine H1 Hang-On-Back Skimmer

Circulation: EcoTech Vortech MP10, stock return pump

Filtration: inTank Mediabasket, chemi-pure elite

Maintenance Routine

Clean the glass daily, feed a cube of mysis shrimp every 2-3 days. Clean the glass with a razor every 1-2 weeks. 4 gallon (about 25%) water change once a week. Clean the skimmer cup weekly; entire skimmer and Vortech monthly. Of course visually inspect everything on a daily basis.

Corals:

• Zoanthus spp

• Duncanopsammia axifuga

• Fungia tenuis

• Ricordea florida

• Euphyllia paradivisa

• Caulastrea furcata

• Euphyllia paranchora

• Acanthastrea lordhowensis

• Acropora microphthalma

• Acropora tenuis

• Montipora danae

• Montipora Capricornis

• Acropora millepora

• Seriatopora hystrix

• Stylophora

• Montipora digitata

• Montipora tuberculosa

• Pocillopora

• Trachyphyllia geoffroyi

• Euphyllia glabrescens

• Favites pentagona

• Hydnophora

• Blastomussa wellsi

• Echinophyllia

• Dendrophyllia

Invertebrates:

• Mini carpet anemone, Stichodactyla tapetum

• Crinoid Squat Lobster, Galathea inflate

• Tridacna crocea

Fish:

• Midas Blenny, Ecsenius midas

• Yasha Goby, Stonogobiops yasha (2)

History

This tank has been through a lot. The past two years have seen upgrades in lighting, circulation, and rock! The best upgrade I made for this tank was probably my Sunpod. I had always been interested in SPS coral, but sadly was not able to keep them. My next favorite upgrade has got to be my Vortech. At first, I got it more for aesthetics; the quality was a nice bump as well. Now, with my coral growing and taking up so much room, I would not be able to have enough flow and fit the old Koralias I had.

The Plan

This tank has been an amazing experience. I have recently added a pair of Yasha Gobies, though I unfortunately do not have a picture of them because they are still hiding. I don't think I will be adding many more corals or fish to this tank, time to sit back and enjoy. Keeping it running for the next two years is the plan, and then it is off to college! It may seem a little obvious, but I plan on studying marine biology. I don't think there are many other choices that seem right to me.

The Current Full Tank Shot:

DPP_0004-2.jpg

Also, I got TOTM. I feel special.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the comment about my tank haha

oh right

you have an acro that is knocked over. Might want to secure that with some glue

wow jacob this is some nice stuff you got there. wow 3 clams in there. my clam didnt make it so i am nervous to get another one. :unsure:

Its actually now. I want it at that angle lol.

Pictures make it look retarded.

i noez i gives you hard time through the interwebz.

Whats with the frag plugs though? Pop them off and glue em using fancy StevieT's guide

Actually 4 clams :)

I'm sorry :(

I you find one cheap go for it, also derasas are pretty hard to kill from what I have heard.

Actually not a slimmer. Its some other type of acro. And its only tipped a tiny bit, its the shot angle lol!

i noez i gives you hard time through the interwebz.

Whats with the frag plugs though? Pop them off and glue em using fancy StevieT's guide

I should, but some are encrusted and I don't have any glue or whatever you use lol

Actually not a slimmer. Its some other type of acro. And its only tipped a tiny bit, its the shot angle lol!

I should, but some are encrusted and I don't have any glue or whatever you use lol

Well i guess you are not a turd sir!

I wonder if that mediabuckets guy sells that stuff. Time to go to steviet.com....

Haha I should, and it would look a lot better. I hate frag plugs.

Wait do you have to have both the glue and the putty??? I did look in your thread but I am a lazy person and one or the other would be easier.

Super glue is the stickem

Putty is the void fill. This prevents you from over using superglue to fill in holes void areas in rocks.

If you do pop that acro off go ahead and glue it down in the same position it is in now. By laying it down like that more corallites are exposed upwards and you will get more branches started.

Ok I glued everything down. Also:

Gonna be getting 11 new SPS coral in a few days!!!!!!

Blue Milli

Pink Milli

Sunset Milli

Rainbow Stylo

ORA green birdsnest

Purple rim monti

Purple bottle brush

Sunset Monti

Blue polyp Monti

Bird of paradise

And one other that I will be adding in little while

Archived