ReefCleaners.org

Another LED Retro Current Orbit 20"

kidrobot

here is my LED retro build thats not finished yet.

got this fixture from another seller here in nano-reef.com. i took out the bulbs and reflector :D

DSC01889.jpg

found a L bracket laying around the house hooked it up to the heatsink and i also drilled the heatsink broke about two sets of tapping bit and drill bit.. :angry:

DSC01895.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

i installed the heatsink in the fixture and it fits perfect :D

DSC01893.jpg

DSC01892.jpg

install the LED on the heatsink and wired it up. i also added a UV LED ..

DSC01896.jpg

Mounted.jpg

WiredUp.jpg

and here it is..its not finsihed yet still waiting for the ALC circuit for the meanwell. i only got to test it with a 9vdc 300ma adapater i had laying around house to power up the meanwells.

DSC02062.jpg

looks great. show us it on the tank! how much did this run you?

it cost me around $390 on the build i cant remember anymore :unsure: .. i also bought a RKM-ALC from a member here last few months ago for $85..then i just got my RKL $111.16 with shipping at Digitalaquatics 3weeks ago.. so adding them up. total cost $586.16 :blink:

ill take a full tank shot with the LEDs on this weekend.

HeyLookItsCaps

cuz i was trying to mentsally calculate, and between LEDs6x$24, buckpucks4x$10, heatsink and PS 50, i guessed around 250. i guess i was way off?

the reason i ask is my friend has a 20 inch sundial and have been talking LEDs with him

cuz i was trying to mentsally calculate, and between LEDs6x$24, buckpucks4x$10, heatsink and PS 50, i guessed around 250. i guess i was way off?

the reason i ask is my friend has a 20 inch sundial and have been talking LEDs with him

for the LED and Drivers i got from evils group buy it totals about $217.50 plus the $7.00 i added to get the drivers shipped earlier..and also i bought the used 20" current fixture from a member here for $60.00..but its worth it..i also have some lenses that i need to try it on. the lenses i have so far is 12x 80 degree lenses and 12x 60 degrees.. i still haven't decided on what lenses that im going to use over my tank.

That's really clean bud. Does the heatsink stay in place (rotate) with only the single bolt in each end? Where did you mount the driver?

That's really clean bud. Does the heatsink stay in place (rotate) with only the single bolt in each end? Where did you mount the driver?

it stays in place i screwed it really tight on the heatsink with a metal washer. as for the drivers i used one of the power cords holes in the fixture and used a expandable sleeves to cover the wires that goes to the driver..as for the other power cords i used it to power the UV drivers i didnt really planned out the UV and used the other power cord to power up the UV drivers.. :D i also added the another lines inside the expandable sleeve for the fans. im planning on putting the drivers inside my stand.

DSC001934.jpg

right now the ALC is not connected to the dimmer. im using a 9vdc 300mA wall adapter to power up the meanwell dimmer line. im still waiting for evil to make the circuit for the ALC...

So the ALC will take the place of a power supply?

right now the ALC is not connected to the dimmer. im using a 9vdc 300mA wall adapter to power up the meanwell dimmer line. im still waiting for evil to make the circuit for the ALC...
So the ALC will take the place of a power supply?

yup that will take place of the 9vdc powersupply. Once the circuit is done for the ALC i would be able to dim the LED inside the fixture.

Evil, what are your plans? I want to build this exact fixture except out of 24" unit. I am planning to build it out around Feb. What is your time line to have this circuit done?

Oh, long before then. I'm finished with a few projects (still have more, as always), so I may be able to focus on it in the next week or two.

Archived