Pod Your Reef

SCOOT'S 40 B OH YEAH!

scooternerd

this is my newish 40 breeder. i got rid of almost all of my other tanks. i gave away and traded 11 tanks in all.

this is what i got for some of them. this will sugnificantly reduce my MTS :P

your average 40 B

100_2369.jpg

markings for drilling

100_2372.jpg

jig i made from scrap ABS i just rest it against the plastic lip.

100_2375.jpg

handy dandy glass drill bit from HD

100_2374.jpg

after drilling

100_2376.jpg

painted the back black of course

100_2377.jpg

from the front

100_2378.jpg

pieces for over flow the front piece will be bent

100_2371.jpg

clamped together waiting to dry

100_2373.jpg

thats all i have done for now more later thanks for looking :)

after giving allot of thought i decided against the black overflow. so built one from clear acrylic. the reason is i like to be able to see the amount of flow if snails or something else gets sucked in etc.... also with black i run the risk of a shadow area. here it is installed it is about 1.25 " from the top no teeth

100_2384.jpg

i also made it a bit wider just to surface skim that much more

100_2380.jpg

very nice, i love the breeder, wanted one when i was setting up my tank, but saved money and build a tank system with whatever i had. going to watch this one.

Sweet! I may need your help/expertise in the near future.

i don't know about expertise. but i will help anyone out that i can

Scoot, your overflow looks nice. I'm currently in the process of building a new 40br setup. I've got some posts on the overflow diagram thread stickied in the DIY forum.

anyways, your work looks nice.

Scoot, your overflow looks nice. I'm currently in the process of building a new 40br setup. I've got some posts on the overflow diagram thread stickied in the DIY forum.

anyways, your work looks nice.

thanks, i am never happy with my own stuff :happy:

Nice flavor saver (mustache) :D Seen it in the reflection of the tank. This is going to be a nice build.

whatever bro you know u rock the torrez stache and mullit while ur weed eating :P

icfc.jpg

hahahahhahahahhaa

j/k

thanks i hope this will turn out great. this my first 40 b and i have always wanted one. i have a 40 now but its a column .................lame

Wow and i thought the black overflow you made looked great, this clear one rocks even more! You got some great skills indeed!

When you become a professional we call it trimming. :D When you think you will get that 40 wet?

asap bro. i have sand and rock in a tub been cycling for almost 6 months. i was going to use it in one of those cubes i had. plus all the stuff in current tank will go in this.

I wish I had drilled my 40b.

Any sump/ stand pichers?

drain and drill ;) no sump or stand pics yet going to start on the stand tonight.

Wow and i thought the black overflow you made looked great, this clear one rocks even more! You got some great skills indeed!

thanks, i really enjoy working with plastic.

stand frame

100_2576.jpg

100_2578.jpg

some of the skin on. i still have to sand paint etc... that is a 4 foot level for height reference :)

frag tank going in the middle fuge/sump on the bottom.

100_2581.jpg

i hate my woodworking skills . but am not ganna pay someone to do it :P some of this wood is recycled from other projects. the main supports are all new 2x6 2x4 construction

might use that level on the frag shelf, looks a little un-level.

Might just be the pic to..either way nice progress!!! I like the idea of having a 3 tierd system for display, sump. and frags

Archived