ReefCleaners.org

Systemtool's 36gal Reef

systemtool

Hey NR,

Thought I would start a thread for my tank. Its been running since March of this year, and I have a custom acrylic sump under it that I havent hooked up yet. Partially from procrastination, and a partially because I want to buy a decent skimmer and a reactor and hook it all up at the same time.

*Some specs*

- 36gal all-glass bowfront with bowed stand.

- Koralia 2 and Koralia 3

- 1 aquaclear mini that I run either carbon or sponge in to trap junk. (I know its ghetto)

- 2x24w Current USA T5s with current actinic and midday bulb. (also ghetto)

- Mag5 return pump that is in the box still, waiting to get wet.

- 20gal custom acrylic sump (also waiting to get wet.)

Live stuff

- 40lbs LR

- 1 sixline wrasse

- 1 emerald crab

- 1 cleaner shrimp

- 1 GBTA

- hermits and snails

- couple diff zoos/palys

- frogspawn

- torch

- candy canes

- pulsing xenia

- mushrooms

- GSP

- Pokerstar Monti

- Golden Poison Chalice

Enough talk, I know you only want to see pics. lol

post-47145-1254955643_thumb.jpg

post-47145-1254955630_thumb.jpg

post-47145-1254955777_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The zoanthids are pretty basic, are you looking for a 'badass zoo' nickname? Make it up yourself, call them Wacky Wonky Watermelon Explosions, that's how everything else gets named.

The bigger uglier poylps are Palythoas I think, I have the same type in my softie explosion tank. They will choke out the prettier zoanthids fast, they grow insanely quick and always win the battle.

ya, thats pretty much how I worded it in the ID forum, only I was going to name them Slippery Sidewinder monkey t its

I wish they were something cool. lol

• 2 weeks later...

My anenome has been doing laps of my tank mowing over almost everything, and finally it parked between some LR and split! I now have 2 GBTA's. I will probably sell one or trade it. I'll put some pics up tonight hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
My anenome has been doing laps of my tank mowing over almost everything, and finally it parked between some LR and split! I now have 2 GBTA's. I will probably sell one or trade it. I'll put some pics up tonight hopefully.

I'll buy the anemone

thats the stuff. haha

Dave, if you want the new BTA you have first dibs! Its been kinda small and deflated lately, so I want to make sure it inflates and comes back. I wouldn't want to give it to you if its not gonna make it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished moving everything to my new house this weekend, including my tank. New fish room is a lot colder than my old place, so my tank went down to about 65 deg yesterday. oops!

Everything is fine tho, just a little shrunken. (except my green candy canes, they never really changed!)

My anenome is looking a little stringy, but it is inflating back up again. I'm hoping its ok tomorrow, (the tank is back up to about 76 deg now.

• 1 month later...

So, I havent done an update since moving my tank to the new house. Its been running for about 2 months. I didnt lose anything during the move!

Today I added another 7lbs of Fiji Totoka live rock, not sure about the name, but it looks cool.

post-47145-1264380676_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Haven't updated for a while, when I last posted I was battling cyano. Finally its starting to subside..

So today I picked up a tailspot blenny and a frag of what I think is pokerstars monti. My LFS guy does out of the box deals when he picks stuff up from the airport, better deals without him having to acclimate everything!

My lights are out for the night, pics tomorrow! Boring post I know.. haha

So, I freshwater dipped the pokerstar monti frag I got last night before reading today that freshwater will kill SPS. So, I'm hoping I didnt nuke it.. It definitely doesnt look as good as it did when I bought it tho!

post-47145-1270765993_thumb.jpg

I also got a new tailspot blenny, he is doing a lot better than the monti.

post-47145-1270766074_thumb.jpg

and

post-47145-1270766106_thumb.jpg

And an FTS, not much cyano now.. glad thats overwith.. only now I'm thinking of transferring to a 40B or a shallow custom.. tax return! haha

post-47145-1270766189_thumb.jpg

Well, I would say my new Tailspot blenny is feeling at home now, he just left his new crevice and took a big cleveland steamer on my green striped mushroom. Welcome to the party.. lol

I think I'll call him Stiffler.. haha

New addition today, chalice frag and more trochus snails!

post-47145-1270864902_thumb.jpg

post-47145-1270864938_thumb.jpg

anyone know what type of chalice this is?

post-47145-1270864929_thumb.jpg

here is the pokerstar monti frag I just got. I freshwater dipped it before finding out you're not supposed to do that with sps! oops.

post-47145-1270864987_thumb.jpg

It's alive! Seems to be coming back, little green polyp extension.

post-47145-1270864956_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice fts. It's good that your frags are doing well, but I dip my new sps in freshwater all the time and never have had problems. It may just be getting used to your tank.

edit: not a good idea lol

Archived