Pod Your Reef

Shan's New Solana birthdate 10/04/09

shan

Here are the first shots of my upgrade to a 34g Solana from my 12g nanocube. I took about 16lbs of live rock from the nano and added with it about 14lbs of cured live rock. and 40lbs of live sand

My first big question is do you like the rock work?? And do i need more rock?

I would like to have about 5-6 fish eventually. I currently have 2 Oscelarris Clowns.

lots of Florida and haitian Ricordeas

zoas: eagle eyes

blues

purple hornets

nuclear greens

rastas

and a few various other zoas

neon green clove polyps

GSP

Xenia on a clump of halimeda macro algae

blue legged and scarlet hermits

coral banded shrimp

and nassarious snails

I would like to add some acans, millepora, acropora

I like the openess of the tank as of now, but im not sure if I need more rock for the bioload. ??

Im using a outer orbit 150w 10k, with 2-24w t5 pure actinics, and 2-24w t5 actinic+

Hopefully light should not be a problem.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
those rics are PIMPING! there so awesome they made a red neck like me say pimping!

thanks guys i like my rics too, appreciate the kudos.

so rock work is ok?

am I ok with the quantity of rock? 30-35lbs?

Looks like another great Solana in the making, i really dig the color of your lighting :D

Thank you!!

I have the outer orbit 150w 10k , with 4-32w actinics, absolutely love how it makes my tank look even if it does hang over the top by a few inches!!

Will I go through the algae stages with this tank? I used live sand and cured live rock from my old tank and a few new pieces.?? sand was new though

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of new tank additions to show:

My Bule Spotted Jawfish who has made a mess of my tank floor!!! LOL He has found a home under my acans.

The second addition is the solid red acan in the background!

Nice tank. Very nice additions! I dont think it will hurt them but it looks like the red one is covered in sand? If the acan heads are under sand for very long you will lose those heads.

Wow the red makes a big difference, very noticeable. Id say that thered be no problem if the jaw is burying under them. They might be more prone to close since theyre getting knocked around a bit when he goes in and out of the burrow. And yea, keep sand out of the their mouths, they hate it...even if they use dirty words lol!

Big Sigh! My brand new $120 blue spotted jawfish committed sushicide last night and popped out of the tank onto the hard cold floor!!! YES i was told they were jumpers and I had ordered the wood top to go on my solana, thats supposed to be in TOMORROW!!!

Anyway, anyone who buys a Blue Spot, THEY DO JUMP!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived