Web's 34g Solana

atlweb

Equipment

150w Halide Light (Disco Ball)

Koralia 2

Solana Tank and Stand

Livestock

Mated Ocellaris Clownfish Pair

Yellow Watchman Goby (committed suicide :( )

Leopard Wrasse

Cleaner Shrimp

Maxima Clam

Corals

blue ricordea

green ricordea

orange ricordea

Pink Tipped Frogspawn

Green Trumpet Coral

Kenya Tree

Green Star Polyp

Green Cloves

Green Leather

Open Brain

Feeding

Vitamin Enriched Mysis Shrimp

Enriched Pellets

Phytoplankton

This is my first SW aquarium and I am enjoying this new hobby very much. I bought this tank used and it was set up with him for about a year, and with me for a little over a month. Since then I have redone all the aquascape and added lots of new things but everything so far is going pretty well. I am always looking for friendly advice and thanks to everyone on here for answering so many questions!

I am still working on the kinks with photographing aquariums, so these pictures do not do the tank justice, but here is a start! I hope you guys enjoy it, and trust me.... it will look much better in a few months after I add some more new things in there. Going to be getting lots of ric's, zoa's, and one more beautiful aggressive coral to put right in the middle.

FTS:

IMG_0576.jpg

'Taco' the Maxima Clam:

IMG_0578.jpg

'Winslow' the cleaner Shrimp:

IMG_0579.jpg

Sideshot! (Looks a little more like it does in real life)

IMG_0581.jpg

:welcome: to nano-reef

wow that's looking good so far bro. i like your scape and wow you have GSP and soon or later it will gonna take over your entire tank. i wish mine would grow on the back walls. :) you are now added on the thread so check it out :) keep it coming!

I like the fact that you name your livestock. That's kind of refreshing for some reason.

Thanks man, dont worry... There will be plenty more ridiculous names on the way :)

Keep them coming bro. Got names for your clowns? i named one of my TR percula clownfish "Bonnie" and my Picasso clownfish "Clyde". What's your plan for corals?

lol @ Taco the clam.

What's all the green at the top. Is that the GSP or is the GSP at the bottom?

Yeah, the GSP is on the top and bottom. That stuff is really easy to spread.

Keep them coming bro. Got names for your clowns? i named one of my TR percula clownfish "Bonnie" and my Picasso clownfish "Clyde". What's your plan for corals?

haha yeah the female clown is named 'momma bear' because she dominates the tank. It will be interesting to see what she does when the leopard wrasse comes to town.

And the males name is 'Bubba' because he is a little shrimp (like bubba shrimp).

I think I may pick up a little peppermint shrimp tomorrow too because I am noticing some regrowth of aiptasia I thought I killed... so he will be named shortly.

Well the wrasse is added and I think she is doing well. She is acting funny now (chilling on the bottom, kinda nervously) but supposedly that is normal for them to bury themselves in the sand when first introduced.

On another sad note... my yellow watchman jumped out of the tank this morning and I am pretty bummed about it. It is the first fish I ever lost and the ironic thing is.... I never had a cover for my tank because I didn't really need one, and then yesterday was the first day I put the cover on it (to protect my wrasse from jumping out) and then in the 1/4 inch in the front corner of my tank..... the ywg jumps. Ugh. Just makes me angry. I am going to have to find a way to completely cover my tank so nothing can get out, but I can still easily remove it on and off.

Also, I added 3 rics (green, blue and orange) but they are very small right now, and the dealer gave them to me on a really small piece of liverock but i want to mount it more on already established rock in a different place.... so I am not sure exactly how I am going to reglue those, but I guess I will figure it out.

Dayum bro sorry for your lost! :( I was very devastated when my ycg, lubblock red wrasse was all dried up lying on the floor all hard up one morning. So I been very skeptic to get anymore fishes. All I have now is my funny clownfish and yasha haze goby In th tank.

It be ok. Just try to make u a cover. I'm still hard headed not to put one on.

Yeah I hear you, I am not happy about it, but if it is going to keep them safe, I don't have a choice.

But yeah I am not sure what I am going to do, the glass fogs up / gets a lot of water on it. The screen I have supposedly is not great for the tank because its chemicals could get into the water. And I am not sure what I am going to do.

I think I am just going to have to buy a metal fence and some sort of plastic frame to have it nicely sit and cover THE ENTIRE tank, so that way NOTHING can get out and it would still be easy to take on and off and block minimal light. I just hope my girlfriends dad who is the handy man is up to the task.

Don't use metal fence or chicken net but try to look for pond net instead! There is someone on the solana thread is using that and the material looks good

• 2 weeks later...

I actually bought it from a guy who sold his tank, so I am not exactly sure. I am thinking about trading it in though for something else. I am not sure yet. I really want to get a toadstool leather.

I just picked up some yellow toadstool, tri color milli, red monti cap, blue/white tenius, pink taco palys, green millie, pink millie, pink birdsnest, and a sean bennet tort.

I also took out that big mountain of GSP and kenya tree's.

Now I am going to glue the little bit of gsp left to the back of the tank with some cloves and try to get that to grow all along the back.

I also built a new top tonight, got aluminum window frames with fiber mesh nets in the middle. Looks good and should work well with keeping fish in.

Does anyone know if an aluminum frame is okay? I know it doesn't rust so that is good, but could anything else be harmful about it?

Pictures of the tank with new stuff will be posted in about a week..... the corals are really stressed from the move and freshwater dip so I am going to wait for everything to get back to normal before the pictures come up!

Archived