Tank - 12"Lx12"Wx9"H (12"Lx9"Wx9"H display) - $75.00 M.A.D. Tanks

Stand - 15 3/8 "x 15 3/8 "x 29 1/2" H $79.99 Ikea

Light - Evil PAR 38 20K $119.95 nanotuners.com

Timer: Current USA Dual Outlet - $11.99 Marine Depot

Fuge Light - Submersible 5W single light - $14.95 inTank

Pump - MJ1100 Utility Pump - $47.99 Marine Depot

Skimmer - Tunze Nano DOC 9002 - $152.01 Marine Depot

Thermometer - Coralife Digital - $7.99 Marine Depot

Heater - 50W Stealth Heater - $8 (thank-u spark)

LR: 6lbs from Sea Life Inc. - $21

LS: Caribsea Bahamas Oolite - Free

NanoMag - $7.19 Marine Depot

LIVESTOCK:

Tiny Wartskin Angler (Antennarius maculatus) - $70

UTF-8BQS4gTWFjdWxhdHVzIHRpbnkyLm-1.jpg

Small Crocea clam - $30

Coral:

2 Green Rics - $20.00

1 blue/purple Ric - $10.00

4 Purple Death Palythoa sp $20

Fungias - $30.00

2 Blue Duncans - $10.00

8 unk orange zoas - $2.40

8 unk green/yellow zoas- $2.40

1 Gold Paly $5

Tyree mystic grape favia- $25.00

Orange cap - $5

Blue cloves -$5

1 PEOA - $5

Blue Acropora sp. 1" - $5

Tricolor Monster Acropora. 1" - $5

Emerald Tower Acropora 1" - $5

Macro:

Chaeto: - $2

Flame algae - $2

CUC:

8 Dwarf Ceriths - $2

Total Cost To Date: $546.06

Total Spent On Livestock To Date: $245.80

Contest will end March 21 at Midnight!!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just received my first shipment today so I figured it was time to start my thread!

I am still trying to figure out what I want to do for livestock. I want to do something different so it is taking me a little longer to locate the perfect resident for my "foot long". For coral I am planning on transferring a few zoa and acan frags from my other tank. I will try to update my thread as often as possible. Feel free to give feedback or suggestion.

My first shipment:

Sea Life Inc.

6lbs of aquacultured "Miami Oolite" overnighted straight from the Florida Keys.

I highly reccomend them to anyone who needs LR!

It's Here!

fishtank103.jpg

Nicely packed as promised.

fishtank104.jpg

Very fresh, very little die off and a lot of cool HH.

fishtank105.jpg

Getting ready for the tank....

fishtank107.jpg

It looks to me like codium. I was also planning on ordering my LR from Sealife Inc. : )

Thanks Tankhax, I do believe you are correct.

Definitely go w/ the overnight shipping it's well worth it!

how much was shipping

Shipping was $23.00 ..........

nioooooooooooooce rock!

Thank-you! I can't wait to see it in the tank.

that algae is a close relation to neomeris,, like barabata or something...need to go grab my book, not codium though, although it looks like it in that picture. Very common in the Keys this time of year. Be careful when you move around the rock, that macro when bothered will release tons of green spores in your tank and stain the water. When it dies, (nothing lives forever, but this is a hardy species) the water will really go green and cloud up, to the point of maybe causing a crash. A very high risk macro, that looks good though. Be careful if you prune it for the above reasons. If you pinch it and rube your fingers back and forth a little you will see what I am talking about.

that algae is a close relation to neomeris,, like barabata or something...need to go grab my book, not codium though, although it looks like it in that picture. Very common in the Keys this time of year. Be careful when you move around the rock, that macro when bothered will release tons of green spores in your tank and stain the water. When it dies, (nothing lives forever, but this is a hardy species) the water will really go green and cloud up, to the point of maybe causing a crash. A very high risk macro, that looks good though. Be careful if you prune it for the above reasons. If you pinch it and rube your fingers back and forth a little you will see what I am talking about.

John you’re the man! Thank-you!!!

Have you seen any other Hitch Hikers on the rock?

So far I've spotted at least 2 different types of macro algae, a few very small featherdusters, some sponge, & tons of coralline. I can't wait to see it in the tank w/ better lighting!

I hope that the big bushy macro works out for you - mine has pretty much all died off. Not really sure why - it's certainly well-lit, and all the other algae in my tank seems happy. There are a few smaller sprouts of it that are still bright green and seem to be staying that way, but pretty much all of the big ones are gone now. If yours start dying, too, you might want to take them out with a net - once they die, they just disintegrate when you touch them, so it's really hard to get them out of the tank by hand.

I hope that the big bushy macro works out for you - mine has pretty much all died off. Not really sure why - it's certainly well-lit, and all the other algae in my tank seems happy. There are a few smaller sprouts of it that are still bright green and seem to be staying that way, but pretty much all of the big ones are gone now. If yours start dying, too, you might want to take them out with a net - once they die, they just disintegrate when you touch them, so it's really hard to get them out of the tank by hand.

Thanks for heads up! I’ll have to keep a close eye on it….

Well for my B-day I treated myself to a little order at Marine Depot last night! Free shipping on orders over $175.00 so I went a little crazy. I picked up a few test kits, a thermometer, some filtration pads and a NanoMag. I also grabbed a Tunze 9002 skimmer as it looks like my bioload is going to be pretty heavy (more on that hopefully tomorrow). animal0028.gif

Check this out! I got my submersible fuge light from StevieT @ inTank

This little guy is crazy bright! I think it's going to be perfect for the fuge on this tank!

fishtank148.jpgfishtank149.jpg

The rock looks great!

Thanks bud! Your setup is lookin pretty good too!

Hey I know that packing slip! Great pictures inTank you and enjoy

Thanks again StevieT! I will definitely be ordering more from you in the future…

I got a really big surprise for birthday! I was expecting the usually socks, t-shirts and assortment of useless junk, but not this year! Finally no more crappy PIX! Now I just need to figure out how to work this thing… :huh:

Canon SX 110is fishtank174.jpg

Wow that should be awesome for contest tank pics. ;)

Ya I hope so! I’m just trying to find the best settings...........

1st PIX w/ the new camera! (Not sure if these will go in the contest tank yet.)

fishtank166.jpg

fishtank172.jpg

fishtank169.jpg

fishtank177.jpg

Wow I'd say you got the hang of that camera, those are some good shots, I love the clownfish's expression.

Thank-you! Ya that little bastard knows he's in trouble for hosting my AOG's!!! :rant:

He thinks giving me the old sad lip is going to help!!! LOL

Archived