So I started off with this:

DSC_0002.jpg

It leaked :angry:

So then I went with this:

newtank001.jpg

It also leaked -_-

So now I have this :o

newtank011.jpg

Done with the cheapo $10 walmart tanks, gonna do it right this time :)

Any mods I should know about? Right now I have the thermometer in the 1st chamber, nothing in 2nd, and the heater in the 3rd with a maxijet 900 pump for return.

The ballast is a Hagen Glo 24" and I have 1x 24w ATI Aquablue special and 1x 24w ATI Blue Plus bulb in it.

The rocks/sand/chaeto are kinda thrown about in the display area right now with a koralia nano pushing some current. Think I'm going to have to mod in a fuge light and put the chaeto in the 2nd chamber... Only problem is I can't get to the back of the tank since the cubicle wall is there so i'm going to have to get some kind of over the top or submersible light to keep the chaeto happy. For now though it'll stay in the front area.

Just snails in it so far. Hopefully moving it around only brings about a mild cycle and I can get my fish. Next step is an ATO. Will post more pics once the water clears up.

i sure hope this one dont leak....

me too -_-

now that the water's clear, here's a proper FTS

nanocube002.jpg

and some crazy algae that's been growing that the snails won't touch

nanocube006.jpg

Geez, you've got bad luck!

Looks good.. I like the macros. :)

danke. i kinda like the algae too :o

and yea my luck is horrible. just spent $400 on my brakes and then the master cylinder goes out lol so yea my luck with leaky tanks is nothing compared to my luck with cars

here's another FTS since i rearranged the rock B) dunno why but i really wanted to make a cave lol

nanocube006-1.jpg

will be placing my order for my blenny and a few sexy shrimp on monday. also planning on selling my home tank since i just don't have time for it and moving all the coral up here. so it should look a lot more alive next week as long as there's no ammonia spike between now and then.

for my own records...

ph 8.8

0 ammonia

0 nitrates

0 nitrates

0 phosphates

340 mg/L Ca

8º dKH

wonder why my ph is so high and calcium/alkalinity so low? just did a 1.5 gallon water change monday. been using distilled water from the grocery store... :huh: not sure...

plan on picking up the fish friday if everything goes according to play (or monday if there's a hangup)

anyway here's a current FTS (i've been picking away at the enormous amount of macro that's growing on that top rock so it's not as bad as before.. hopefully the tailspot blenny likes to munch on it)

nano007.jpg

and this is a cool shot i took of a snail who has some macro growing on his shell :lol: also catches some pods bothering the other snail but he doesn't seem to mind. didn't realize my crappy little point and shoot could do such a good macro shot :)

nano004.jpg

beware the monster snail antennae!!! :lol:

special ordered some fish at the LFS and they sold them to someone else :rolleyes: go figure

tried ordering from bluezoo but they're out of sexy shrimp (big freaking surprise they're always out of them)

so just settled on liveaquaria... it frustrates me to no end though that you can never get everything you want from one place. shipping always kills you :huh: like sexy shrimp are on sale at liveaquaria for 5.99 but tailspot blennies are on sale at bluezoo for 12 bucks... sooooo you can't just get what you want because you need overnight shipping :angry: blah

sorry mini-rant over. i'll have the blenny, shrimps, a couple of scarlet hermits, and a couple of mexican turbos showing up wednesday. i'll hold off on the citrinis clown goby until a later date. hope i can get it local without wasting $30 on shipping for a single fish.. that's if the LFS doesn't screw me again

i didn't realize how tiny these shrimp were and how big these snails are! they came in today and have been properly acclimated and deposited into my tank :lol:

no pics of the blenny as i didn't get one while he was acclimating and once he was in the tank he darted behind the closest rock and has been hidden for several hours now :(

forgive the crappy camera, i really do need to invest in a decent one

reef001.jpg

fishies003.jpg

fishies007.jpg

fishies008.jpg

fishies012.jpg

fishies015.jpg

fishies018.jpg

fishies019.jpg

fishies020.jpg

Wow that macro algae is nuts! And sheesh what did you to all those tanks to make them leak? Did the bottoms crack? I've only had one tank leak in 22 years i've had fish hehe. And that was because it was a 10 gallon that i took the rim and bottom off and the bottom ended up cracking from the metal stand it was on.

I've only had one tank leak in 22 years i've had fish hehe. And that was because it was a 10 gallon that i took the rim and bottom off and the bottom ended up cracking from the metal stand it was on.

Thats why its ok to go topless but once you take your bottoms off you're in trouble.

That macro is nuts isnt it. I've seem small purple macro on my snails and stuff but never like that lol.

Thats why its ok to go topless but once you take your bottoms off you're in trouble.

That macro is nuts isnt it. I've seem small purple macro on my snails and stuff but never like that lol.

Lol, right you are, right you are..

Wow that macro algae is nuts! And sheesh what did you to all those tanks to make them leak? Did the bottoms crack? I've only had one tank leak in 22 years i've had fish hehe. And that was because it was a 10 gallon that i took the rim and bottom off and the bottom ended up cracking from the metal stand it was on.

i've got super bad luck :(

i dunno why they leaked but i just gave up on the standard cheapo 10g tanks :(

so i've learned very quickly that turbo snails are the devil :( although they cleaned up the top rock of all that macro, they also ate the majority of my cool red macro that i had bundled up in the front and also knocked off one of my zoa polyps from the rock and it was so small i can't find it :angry:

so these snails are being delivered to the LFS on my way home from work... I was going to put them in my tank at home but I don't want them screwing things up in there either :(

new FTS with the missing algae... :angry:

lolreef007.jpg

and a couple of crappy pics of my blenny

lolreef001.jpg

lolreef010.jpg

man i just realized how much this chaeto ball has grown... think it's about time to order a submersible light and put the chaeto in the back chamber. anyone have a good suggestion for said light?

lol yea those things are not so good in a nano tank. They are a nice destruction crew as apposed to a CUC. Some of those things arent good to have if you are growing macro in your tank. I had a nice little ball of cheato that came loose from my fuge growing in the back corner of my tank and my emerald crab ate it all.

Hey Bosco!

Thanks for the heads up, man!

You should leave a link on your old thread to this one. If I didn't read your new signature banner, I could never found or knew you had a new tank.

Anyways, looked great, before your Turbo had it for lunch :lol:

Hey Bosco!

Thanks for the heads up, man!

You should leave a link on your old thread to this one. If I didn't read your new signature banner, I could never found or knew you had a new tank.

Anyways, looked great, before your Turbo had it for lunch :lol:

meh i don't want to bump that old thread but glad you found the new one :) still trying to sell the 20 gallon one :( everyone wants me to part it out but i don't want to do that just yet. this work one is thriving though :)

all 3 turbos were given away to a coworker who was just starting a saltwater tank at home.... good riddance :angry: i've had to redecorate a little and plan on ordering some more macro if i can find it cheap. i really like the looks of it especially the red kind B)

ran tests yesterday and nitrates/nitrites/ammonia were all 0 and the ph fell from 8.8 to 7.8 :mellow: i wonder why i can't get that thing stable...

my cover arrived and is keeping my evap low and the temp is still hanging between 78-80 (moved my lights up a bit) and also got my surface skimmer attachment for the nano so hopefully the water falling helps with the ph and whatnot. all in all i'm pleased with things. just need to figure out some food that my blenny likes. so far i've only seen him eat at algae on the rocks and whatnot. there's not much left for him to om nom nom on at least not what i can see.

think i need a more active fish to balance him out since he's always hiding :o anyway here's some more crappy pics... hopefully borrowing my bud's dslr soon.. if you want to see the picture in it's bigger format, right click it and go to view image.

how everything looks on my desk with the new cover and all:

nano011.jpg

new fts (i miss my macro :()

nano014.jpg

dang blenny loves to hide!!! :lol:

nano016.jpg

zoas and sexies

nano015.jpg

nano017.jpg

nano018.jpg

nano021.jpg

Archived