Coral Vue Hydros

Unfortunate News About The Forum

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

I'm afraid I have some bad news. As I'm sure many of you noticed, the forums went offline yesterday around 10PM EST. Unfortunately the posts database became corrupt, which brought down the forum, and all attempts to repair the data failed. The nearest backup that I've been able to restore is from the morning of July 1st, as you can see. While the forum posts have reverted back 13 days, all other data should still be intact, including private messages and new user accounts.

I'm terribly sorry to everyone that lost their posts and topics from the past two weeks, I cannot possibly apologize enough. Procedures are being put in place to ensure this much data loss never happens again.

I understand this may cause some confusion, particularly in the classified forums, but please be patient with one another and utilize the private messaging system to get back in contact with members you may have been dealing with.

As for our summer prize giveaway, all entries have been lost. A new prize drawing entry thread will be started, and the end date will be reset so everyone has a chance to enter again.

Once again, my sincerest apologies. Lets move forward and do our best to rebuild what we've lost!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is Ok Christopher. Stuff happens. I am sure you worked very hard to get it all back up and thanks for doing it so quickly. The most important thing is that Nano-Reef is back up and running and not down for good.

Big Hugs.. thanks.:)

While that is unfortunate, at least the forum is still functioning. Plus, it moved my trade thread back up the ladder in the live stock classifieds, if you want to look at it in a positive light :P.

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic reefing forum. Nano-reef.com will be that forum. Better than it was before, better, stronger, faster.

No Probs!

I'll just dig up the pics i have posted the last 13 days en upload them again.

Yeah! something to do when I get home tonight! every cloud has a silver lining.

I was just about to say some mad mod has gone around the forum with an axe on a madpost decapitating spree. :)

See what happens when Chris gets his first tank. He spills salty water on it and POOF goes the site. JJ Chris. Its one of those things.

Do you think it could have been something malicious?

I noticed a load of spam in one of my threads before the forum went down.

CM next time put another title... I thought I was about to read some letter about how you are shutting down N-R.... :scarry:

Glad to hear a little data loss was all it was!

Archived