Top Shelf Aquatics

FBC's 45gallon

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

I've been keeping fish for a while on & off since I was a kid. I've done FW&BW but this will be my first SW and I'm excited beyond the point for words to explain.

Tank: AGA 45G light oak trim w/ mirrored back

Eq.:

• 2X 50w Hydor heaters
  • 2X Korylia 3 powerheads
  • glass canopy
  • Digital Thermometer(w/ alert for when temp alarm for when it gets to hot/cold)

Details:

• apx 50 lbs. "Premo" Fiji LR
  • apx 45-50 lbs black LS

I finally got my rockscaping to where I really like it yesterday.

IMG_1742.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. :D I found it a little tricky to aquascape my 45 because of the high but narrow dimensions. :)

I love the bridges/pass throughs you built with the rock, I did something similar.

Good luck!

Thanks ap123. the aquascape was actually somewhat easy since the water was still a bit murky when I first through all the rock in and it landed similar to this. I just went in and tinkeres with it tille I got it like this. Getting in there was a b#### due to its dimensions (as well as the hieght of the stand <_< i still need to figure out how to get the cave on the left side to have more "depth appearence to it as well as some actual more room, when I get back from work, im thinking of digging out some sand from it & redistributing it throught the tank

LOL, my step stool is never far from the tank--otherwise I can't reach the lower half. :P

You can check my thread (link is my sig) for ideas if you like. :) What kind of lighting do you have?

I haven't gotten a light yet. not enoguh funds & im having trouble finding a MH fixture(was origionally gonna get a Sunpod but they don't make em anymore :angry: )

anyone else with thoughts on the rockscape. also I realize there is only one powerhead in the tank..I need to get another powerstrip. cant seem to find any that have like 12 outlets...thats what I need lol

thanks. if I had a large enough cube & rock I'd try to create it. This was the best arches i could come make with the rock I had, but I like it so its all good:P

just got a nice shape of base rock that i threw in there today, will post a pic soon

heres the pics of the tank with the new rock

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

I think'd be cool to have it covered in some tree like coral, not sure which one yet

• 2 weeks later...
Your rockscape is trying to spell out something to me. Wheres your whole ten gallon thread lol???

gone dude... been procrastinating seeting up the new thread. so the Alien Trenches Chalice looks sweeeeet under the moonlights

Sweet! I wanna see some pics.

Also, thats hilarious, all the pages (only 4 for me ;)) of my thread are gone errrg. POST PICS NOW.

patience young one :P I should be getting the 36" 2x150w Sunpod soon, it left out of Anaheim, CA today at 12:00

Less talking more picture taking. So the chalice arrived OK I assume? Did you order your stuff from LA yet?

Less talking more picture taking. So the chalice arrived OK I assume? Did you order your stuff from LA yet?

not yet. I'm waiting to see whether or not my LFS gets the clingfish I ordered. I'd rather not overdue the bioload and crash the tank...

If they haven't gotten it I'm gonna tell them to put that on hold and the get the perchlet and a colony. still haven't decided which one yet. fingerscrossed hopefully the purps and reds will be on sale fingerscrossed . Although their huge insane mix of like 5 dif. polyps was also very tempting but soldcrazy mix

So instead of having a chalk bass kill all my inverst, I've been thinking about maybe a candy hogfish

I wish my brackish water waspfish looled this cool waspfish

Candy hogfish is neat, colorful. You could get some sort of wrasse too, just an idea. Well pic something good for the colony lol, bright colors.

Another member has that exact waspfish, its in their "predator tank" its an amazing fish by the way.

I forgot about the clingfish, they will eat normal food right?

Candy hogfish is neat, colorful. You could get some sort of wrasse too, just an idea.

yeah, I'd like a pair of Mckosers Flasher Wrasse or a Zebra barred dartfish. (either way I'll have at leas one of each)

I forgot about the clingfish, they will eat normal food right?

As a carnivore, the Yellow Stripe Clingfish will thrive on a diet of meaty foods such as finely chopped fresh or frozen marine fish, squid, mysis shrimp, vitamin-enriched brine shrimp, and frozen carnivore preparations.

Cool, I like flasher wrasse. I thought I read that somewhere, just wanted to make sure.

So when do you think you are going to be making that order?

tomorrow or thursday. also getting some sort of tube worm tomorrow at my lfs. will be either temp. or permanent resident of the 10

so my frag tank thread was savable but it took me so long to navigate it that it had dissapeared <_<:rant: *sighs* I'll be reposting it soon.

got my 36" 2x150W Current Sunpod today, and will be setting it up this weekend, thanks NVITE!!!

Archived