Top Shelf Aquatics

Mixed Reef w/ viewable sump

Jasoncgnu

So... are you planning on raising the smaller one so that the water levels sit at the same height? Otherwise, you will have some flooding when the power goes out.

This will be neat if you get it to work. I want to do something kinda like this and add another tank to the system.

Wow, this thread wasn't what I thought it was. I thought you meant tanks from Siam. Or where ever Siamese denotes you're from.

As for what you're actually doing, I'm afraid you've lost me.

Wow, this thread wasn't what I thought it was. I thought you meant tanks from Siam. Or where ever Siamese denotes you're from.

As for what you're actually doing, I'm afraid you've lost me.

:ninja:

and whats the point of this? sorry but thats fugly........

+1 on fugly IMHO

'

Haha yea I know but it's functional. :P The point is to have a separate tank for my RBTA while allowing me to effectively only care for one tank. Plus, I only really care about what the tanks looks like within the glass. The asthetics of the equipment outside the tank has never been a concern of mine as long as it helps to maintain a healthy environment for my inhabitants. I even have a Carlo Rossi Kalk dripper suspended above my tanks because it is funtional. :lol:

As for them being Siamese I guess Kraylen is right. I thought fraternal twins could be conjoined but I just read up on it and I was wrong, so +1 to me for learning something today.

Now the hard part. I have to convince the nem that it should detach from its current rock so I can place it in the new tank.

ic ic :} If it works thats cool. It would have prob been cheaper to upgrade to a breeder or something though lol.But this is different for sure.

good luck with the project

You can have the best stocked awesome looking tank but if your plumbing looks like hell you have a ugly tank. At least cut the sponge sticking out of your breather tube. Looks like a Rune Goldberg comic. Your tank does look nice though

The sponge is cut haha and I doubt a breeder would be cheaper than $10 plus the point is to have a secluded tank for the nem where it can expand all it wants without harming other coral. It's not perfect but it should work for what I want.

The sponge is cut haha and I doubt a breeder would be cheaper than $10 plus the point is to have a secluded tank for the nem where it can expand all it wants without harming other coral. It's not perfect but it should work for what I want.

well thats good. if it makes you happy then make it look or work the way you want it. i like your attitude since you said you care for your inhabitants and not much of the appearance. always good to have your pets be happy!

also its a ap12 right? or 14 forgot when i read through it lol

• 2 months later...

Well I have some free time again so I can update my tanks progress. Here is a current FTS of the main display. I'm planning on moving the anemone to the sump as soon as I can but it absolutly refuses to let go of its spot. To think my problem used to be that it moved around too much and now it won't move at all! :angry:

fts082909.jpg

The tank is super stable right now but I'm thinking of making some changes anyway. I havn't done a WC in as long as I can remember but I recently found a gift certificate for Premium Aquatics so I bought some new salt that I want to try. I've used IO since the start of the tank but I really want to try seachem reef.

I'm also planning on upgrading all the pumps in the system from MJ900s to 1200 for increased flow.

I'll post more pics later. Enjoy! :D

Archived