inTank Media Baskets

dp's 5.5, update pg11.

dpnano

Hi everybody just wanted to start a thread of my 5.5.

• Equipment
  • 5-15 aquatech power filter
  • 50w Heater
  • Current USA 18" nova extreme t5
  • Maxijet 400 power head

• Live Stock
  • 7lb Chunck of Live Rock
  • 5lb Live Sand 1" Bed
  • 4 Stripe Damsel
  • 2 Blue Leg Hermits
  • 2 Hermit Crabs

corals most from xiong aquatics (great shipping) ;)

• brown palys
  • zoas.. id on um please lol
  • white clove
  • gsp
  • 2 yellow star polyps

How do you take ditris off sand? ( like fish poop etc.)

Where do you buy egg crate? What is the purpose of egg crate?

What are some good starter corals?

post-42077-1244690221_thumb.jpg

post-42077-1244690227_thumb.jpg

post-42077-1244690235_thumb.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can buy egg crate at hardware stores, they sell them in large pieces for about 12 dollars and they are used in frag tanks to hold frags. don't break up your rock, that's a pretty nice size rock and i prefer one large piece over a few small pieces you should buy a few more rocks, though.

are your 100% sure thats 7lbs of live rock? i bought a piece similar and it was like 2.5 lbs. lol

yeah im thinking about getting a small 4" by 4" piece of egg crate and put it in the corner. i think its 7lb well it had a Medium tag on it but when i hold it its pretty heavy.

when i get corals they will probbaly be on rocks so that well add some rockage. lol

should i put my tank on my desk?? i have space its just i dont want to risk having water spill does anyone that has a tank on there desk feel comfortable like when changing water etc.

???

corallineadam
you can buy egg crate at hardware stores, they sell them in large pieces for about 12 dollars and they are used in frag tanks to hold frags. don't break up your rock, that's a pretty nice size rock and i prefer one large piece over a few small pieces you should buy a few more rocks, though.

are your 100% sure thats 7lbs of live rock? i bought a piece similar and it was like 2.5 lbs. lol

rocks have diff densities but that sure doez look small for 7lbs lol

ColoradoNano

Nice start post some pics when your T5 comes in!!! Also might want to think about upgrading your filter or a powerhead for more flow

Nice start post some pics when your T5 comes in!!! Also might want to think about upgrading your filter or a powerhead for more flow

WAHOOOO got the light and the POWER HEAD lol here are some pics..

(how do you make the pictures large like not the attachments but how everone adds picutres and they just come up large/????????????????????

should i put my power head on the "right" wall???

post-42077-1244834822_thumb.jpg

Hey DP, if you create a Photobucket account, upload your pics, and link the image source to your forum thread, the pictures will come out larger and you won't have to adhere to the 1mb rule here.

i'll probbaly get another rock about that size or bigger and put it on the right and make like 2 little island with a gap in the middle i really like the look of that.

well probbaly by corals in a few weeks and well most definetly post pics up im finding some good deals on NR in the market place area but shipping is a lil high but i'll probbaly order from someone and try to get a good deal..

i've wondered do hermit crabs hurt corals??

where is everybody??? :(

well did a good old tank clean inside out, rock cleaned and water checked

(cleaned outside with vinigear and water :) great mixture for cleaning glass)

parameter :

nitrate- 0

nitrite- 0

ammonia- 0

alkalinity 340ppm

ph- 8.4

salinity - 1.0245

:) lookin good

who want to sell me corals on a good deall???? anybody lol

ColoradoNano

Good looking damsel looks like your making the yellow-tail run for its money!!! Guess another reason I like it is I haven't seen the 4-stripe used to often in PICOS so kudos to you.

Not a big fun of the powerhead though I'm sure its good output just looks really big and clunky think of a K-nano or maybe a AC70 for flow??? I know its prob to late to paint the back of your tank but still might wanna think about putting a backround up to hide some of your equipment a little bit

Nice looking tank overall I would just try to hide the heater in a AC50 or 70 and get a smaller powerhead

I like the whole less is more approach on the LR I have been seeing I think I'm going to go the same route.

Post up some new clean glass pics sense you just cleaned her on up!

yeah i dont like the power head its to big i could put it up for trade of k-nano bc i mean i just bought it bout 5 days ago so hasn't spent to much time in the tank and someone could use it as a pump for there in tank sump.

probbaly well put the heater in the HOB filter

i put a background up so now it looks good

i'll probbaly put pics up tommorow to late today im to lazy to go get the camera from the other room lol. :)

ColoradoNano
yeah i dont like the power head its to big i could put it up for trade of k-nano bc i mean i just bought it bout 5 days ago so hasn't spent to much time in the tank and someone could use it as a pump for there in tank sump.

probbaly well put the heater in the HOB filter

i put a background up so now it looks good

i'll probbaly put pics up tommorow to late today im to lazy to go get the camera from the other room lol. :)

Sounds like your making some good moves DP get those pics up

so i checked the box of the maxi jet and it says can be used externaly?

i could hook up pipes and run a intake and outtake?? lol

and i put it up for trade in marketplace lets see if anyone gets it

I got a new coral today :) (first one)

yellow star polyp (not great pics sorry)

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

should i break this in half?? where the little gap is?

IMG_3237.jpg

eghh idk i'll think about it i kinda want to because there is more polyps on the back, how would i break it?

i was suprised i just got the coral today and i put it in the tank after the temp adujested and it opened up in like 30minutes everyone said it wont open for days i was like hmm lol.

CrownOfficial

yes but becarefull not to stirr the water up too much, or spill any.

jut be sure you dont damage any of the polyps

Archived