Coral Vue Hydros

My Built-In 120G Reef Tank

smarcus3

Here are a few photos from the construction stage of my tank to filling it and beyond. tell me what you think ...

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

It looks more white than it was in real life. It must have been quite living becuase the tank has never had any measurable reading of any toxin (nitrite, nitrates, etc.)

thanks guys. im going to be putting in the following

blue hippo tang

yellow tang

clowfish w/ anemone to host

fox face ???

lion fish ???

coral banded shrimp

and other stuff im not sure of.

everything is still testing zero which is great. :)

I will most likely get a yellow tang tomorrow for the tank. I cant wait.

Just a suggestion, don't put the yellow tang in first. It will setup and think the tank is his and will harass anything new you put in. I also believe the Lion will eat the shrimp.

Just a suggestion, don't put the yellow tang in first. It will setup and think the tank is his and will harass anything new you put in. I also believe the Lion will eat the shrimp.

okay. i heard the yellow tangs can be bullies. should i go with the blue hippo tang.

also i will most likely not get the lion as i dont want to pay for his predatory nature.

Always a safe bet to go least aggressive first most aggressive last, so with your list scrapping the lion I would go;

clowfish w/ anemone to host (anemone down the road 6 months or so)

fox face

blue hippo tang

yellow tang

The coral banded anytime (do read up on these and their aggressive natures also)

JMO FWIW let's see what others say.

yeah. the list was in a generic order just kinda how i remembered them. the clown is going to go in with the anemone in at least 6 months down the road.

i just added two more korelia 4's to the tank to get all the flow I need. I currently have 4-korelia 4's and 4-korelia 1s.

Its looking good. I can't wait to get some corals in it. :P

Just added a new fox face to the tank who is doing great as well as 2 emerald crabs.

Here are a few pics:

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

the new fox face is doing great and eating tons of algae in the tan as well as on the seaweed clip. However one of the blue yellow tail damsels is hiding in the top right corner away from all the others :(

• 1 month later...

thanks its still maturing. I bought a bunch of frags today and got a hitch hiker fish :) looks kinda like a bleny. Ill take a picture of him when he gets added to the display.

Militant Jurist
thanks its still maturing. I bought a bunch of frags today and got a hitch hiker fish :) looks kinda like a bleny. Ill take a picture of him when he gets added to the display.

Ok, I've got to ask. How does a fish hitchhike?

Archived