Coral Vue Hydros

Appy's Solana Photo Journal

Appaloosa1224

Appaloosa1224

Hey all! I'm new here, even though I signed up a while ago. I thought I'd start keeping track of my tank via photos on this site since there are so many other tanks that inspire me on here. I set this tank up in December. Everything from my 24g nanocube was transferred. I plan for this tank to be LPS dominate with some sps and softies.

Current Fish:

-1 false percula clownfish

-1 hi fin banded goby

I plan to add a midas blenny and either a flasher wrasse or firefish

Current Coral:

-Ricordea

-Blasto wellsi (3 types)

-Acan Lords (3 types)

-Favia

-Bubble coral

-Torch coral

-Trumpet coral

-Duncans

-Frogspawn

-Zoanthids/Palythoas

-Clove Polyps (2 types)

-Discosoma mushrooms

-Birdsnest (2 types)

-Digitata (2 types)

-Plating montipora (2 types)

-Green sinularia

Other inverts:

-Derasa Clam

-Sexy shrimp

-Peppermint shrimp

-assorted crabs/snails

186.jpg

167.jpg

200.jpg

049-1.jpg

059.jpg

064-1.jpg

097-1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Appaloosa1224

Thanks! I never take full tank shots since I can never get the color right and I don't have an editing program on this computer to make it look like it does in real life, but I just took a few. Doesn't do the tank justice.

016-2.jpg

Appaloosa1224

Thanks Lalani! Much more accurate. I need to go find my photoshop cd for this new computer.

• 2 weeks later...
TriggerHappyDude

Awesome, can I ask about your photo equipment? What kind of camera and lenses are you using for these shots, wow! Nice stuff...

KaTy~SoLaNa

Everything Looks realy nice, this is a curent solana tank? Also what lighting do you have just stock 14,000k bulb

TriggerHappyDude
Everything Looks realy nice, this is a curent solana tank? Also what lighting do you have just stock 14,000k bulb

Is there any other kind of "Solana" tank I'm unaware of other than Current-USA?

Appaloosa1224

Thanks everyone!

I'm running a Pheonix 14k bulb and nothing else. I have added a koralia, but otherwise everything is stock. I'm not even using the skimmer since the tank is in my bedroom and the skimmer is loud. I try to keep up with water changes every 2-3 weeks and add Aquavitro Fuel twice a week and Calcification and eight.four as needed.

I'm using a Canon Rebel XT to take photos. I also use a diopter to get macro shots. I shoot on full manual.

Here are some new photos

New steel blue zoas

057-1.jpg

Hanging on for dear life!

048.jpg

Finally things are starting to fill in

077.jpg

015.jpg

094-1.jpg

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

TriggerHappyDude

Getting better each time I check out your pictures! Love this tank!

I'm using a Canon Rebel XT to take photos. I also use a diopter to get macro shots. I shoot on full manual.

Which diopter lens are you using, your stuff is awesome looking!

Appaloosa1224
Getting better each time I check out your pictures! Love this tank!

Which diopter lens are you using, your stuff is awesome looking!

Thanks! I bought a diopter set off of ebay for $15. They are cheap, but they work well! I need to buy another +10 diopter since I lost mine.

I just found my tripod in the back seat of my truck, so I'm taking some photos using that now. I'll post them later!

TriggerHappyDude
Thanks! I bought a diopter set off of ebay for $15. They are cheap, but they work well! I need to buy another +10 diopter since I lost mine.

I just found my tripod in the back seat of my truck, so I'm taking some photos using that now. I'll post them later!

Sorry, I'm not familiar with diopters, can you give me more details to what exactly you are using?

Are you using a Canon lens along with the diopter? What lens? etc..

Appaloosa1224
Sorry, I'm not familiar with diopters, can you give me more details to what exactly you are using?

Are you using a Canon lens along with the diopter? What lens? etc..

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but a diopter serves almostas a magnifying glass that ou screw onto the front of your regular lense. I'm pretty sure you can buy them to fit any lense. Just check on ebay!

cwilder- I used the Tahitian Black Moon Sand. Its not a live sand, but that didn't mater much to me.

Uploading more photos now, will post them in a few.

Appaloosa1224

So my blue zoas didn't make it. Seems that's whats happening to a lot of people who have bought them :(

Full tank shot. Everything's pretty closed up as I just razorbladed the tank. I'll get a new one when I find my camera's battery charger.

002-2-1.jpg

Nice growth

019-1.jpg

Always so hungry

024-1.jpg

031-2.jpg

Who's gonna win?

038-1.jpg

098.jpg

102-2.jpg

Odd brown spots, but seems otherwise very healthy

129-1.jpg

Junior

039-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

Appaloosa1224

My next project is a ricordea tank. I want more room for LPS on the sand bed, so my ricordea will be moving into its own tank. The plan is for ricordea covering the sand bed with a single, nicely shaped rock for some zoanthids. I plan on getting a pair of black clowns for it as well. It will probably be a 10g.

050-2.jpg

058.jpg

060-3.jpg

Blue ric split

065-1.jpg

027.jpg

120.jpg

Archived