inTank Media Baskets

May 2009 - Wawawang

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For May we're featuring Wawawang and his 40 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find Wawawang's tank journal here in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Wawawang, and he'll try his best to answer them.

masterbuilder

Great use of color. I especially like how your corals of not all grouped in like kinds and has a more natural, random look. Easily a TOTM.

Note to moderators: I would like to see all the TOTM’s grouped and we come up with a Tank of the Year. So far this one is at the top IMO.

Bravo!! Very impressive SPS collection. What do you keep your calcium and alkalinity levels at? Also, when you acclimate your SPS, do you start them on the sandbed and then move them up later to their final spot? Whatever you're doing you're doing it right so I'd like to know. Congrats on TOTM!

Thanks guys.

Bravo!! Very impressive SPS collection. What do you keep your calcium and alkalinity levels at? Also, when you acclimate your SPS, do you start them on the sandbed and then move them up later to their final spot? Whatever you're doing you're doing it right so I'd like to know. Congrats on TOTM!

I try to keep calcium at 400-420 and alk at 9-10. To light acclimate I have a mag rack that I start on the bottom then move up over time.

darkdrako

I was just looking at this tank yesterday. All I can say is WOW! This setup will be a big inspiration when I have the opportunity to upgrade. Well Done!

Thanks!

Beutiful tank. How do you like the ReefKeeper 2 and what all do you have it controlling?

The reef keeper controls the lights, the cooling fans, return pump, and heaters. I also use the web server to view my reef from work.

post-32273-1241216760_thumb.jpg

Archived