Cultivated Reef

Foo's Nano Wave 9

CL_

Well, it came today :haha: A friend showed me a deal for a nano wave 9 for $89 and free shipping, so I couldn't pass it up. It supposedly had a broken lid hinge pin, but mine didn't B) I am new to this, but I have extensive fw experience, and have been reading this forum for over half of a year. As of now, I am keeping this stock, but as I have different experiences, I will change things as I see fit (such as removing the lid and adding a mh) I am sure that I will be asking tons of questions, but bear with me :P I will most likely be adding a koralia 1 or nano and a hydor flo and I will be builing a stand ASAP. I still need live rock and sand (the only decent lfs in this area closed down :(, so I need recommendations as to where I can buy this stuff online.)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the NW9 family. :)

Thanks. I know not many people have these. Do you have any suggestions on sand/ salt and maybe an ro unit? How about where to buy some rock? I know noob questions are annoying (I get asked fw noob questions sometimes and I don't really feel like answering them all of the time) but I really appreciate the help :happy:

schwwwwwwwwwwinggg!!! this tank is gonna be money son. sorry im out of rock and sand :( check petsmart for sand. i got 2 5lbs of ocean direct for $20. i didnt need the extra 10 from buying online and i didnt want to raise my shipping price so i just got it there. i really like the ocean direct sand. its not a uniform texture like most sands. theres shells, some rock bits, and some shell fragments that have a really natural look to it. i buy my water from the LFS so no mixing for me! good luck with this bro ;)

schwwwwwwwwwwinggg!!! this tank is gonna be money son. sorry im out of rock and sand :( check petsmart for sand. i got 2 5lbs of ocean direct for $20. i didnt need the extra 10 from buying online and i didnt want to raise my shipping price so i just got it there. i really like the ocean direct sand. its not a uniform texture like most sands. theres shells, some rock bits, and some shell fragments that have a really natural look to it. i buy my water from the LFS so no mixing for me! good luck with this bro ;)

Thanks. How much does the sw from you lfs cost/ gallon? Thanks for the tip on the sand, because I liked your sand.

Thanks. How much does the sw from you lfs cost/ gallon? Thanks for the tip on the sand, because I liked your sand.

they sell it in 5 gallon jugs for $5. but theres a $10 deposit on the jug. but with some chemipure and chaeto i should be able to go ~3 weeks without a water change so a $5 jug should last me around 4 months

they sell it in 5 gallon jugs for $5. but theres a $10 deposit on the jug. but with some chemipure and chaeto i should be able to go ~3 weeks without a water change so a $5 jug should last me around 4 months

crazy :o

haha in what sense?

That 5 gallons would last that long. IDK, I think I'm hitting the hay for tonight, before my posting gets less understandable.

Thanks epic.

Here is the stand that I made yesterday

DSC00434.jpg

I think that it turned out pretty good. I still have to skin and paint it and add trim and it's done :D

Ya, but I have a ton of photos in my bucket and threads and have never exceeded the bandwidth... but I size my photos down to below 200kb usually.

Ya, but I have a ton of photos in my bucket and threads and have never exceeded the bandwidth... but I size my photos down to below 200kb usually.

me too, but I belong to multiple forums, so I have tons of images everywhere. I have 550 photos on photobucket and it takes up 129 mb. Oh well :P

i think the real reason your nw9 isnt in your room is because youre out of plugs ;)

great looking stand. youre pretty nifty at DIY stuff.

i think the real reason your nw9 isnt in your room is because youre out of plugs ;)

great looking stand. youre pretty nifty at DIY stuff.

haha, actually, your mostly right :mellow: I just realized that I only have 2 left :lol:

haha, actually, your mostly right :mellow: I just realized that I only have 2 left :lol:

lol im fresh out of outlets. im running a surge bar on each one for extra plugs :D

honestly, i think the hinges and handle account for 14% of the stand.

but for reals, nice job on it ;)

considering how easy they will be to install compared to hand sawing all that wood... :P

Thanks!

Archived