Top Shelf Aquatics

My new juvenile Picasso clowns

jds

I thought I would share pics of my new set of picasso clowns. I just got them in the mail today and all is well as they sit in their breeder net. I thought feeding and getting them used to the lights would be easier for them there. I will release them in the next day or so but dang are these guys tiny. I picked them up from Doni Marie,who breeds, and I can't say enough so far about the process and service. I was thinking A's but this B set looked so good in their video that I had to get them.

Enjoy

M-IMG_2747.JPG

M-IMG_2745.JPG

M-IMG_2742.JPG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments. They have really perked up this evening after I turned on the lights. I left them off most of the day.

I'm debating on how long they should hang out in the net as they are small. Not that my Koralias arent capped and I have stock slits into chamber 1 but I am still concerned.

-jds

I just checked out your tank thread... I'm assuming you haven't added much else to the tank and you have confirmed the mantis is gone. I'd still be concerned about adding those guys to a 5 week old tank. Are these your first fish? Or are they going into another more mature tank? If you don't have anything else in the tank that could harm/ eat them I don't see why I wouldn't let them go.

Good luck with those guys and watch your peramiters closely.

Damn they are so beautiful.

Doni Marie has some great stock. Check her out as she posts new ones every few weeks. Again these are B's but the A's are even more amazing. Doni's Reef

Thanks for the link, I wish I had the room. 30 dollars for a pair of those is a great deal.

Very nice looking clowns! I've followed Donis fish breeding thread and she has done a great job! She even has snowcassos as well!

Take good care of them and they'll look like mine in my avatar! ;)

HecticDialectics

I like Grade B picassos better than Grade A picassos...

the -extremely- white ones are the coolest... "snowcassos" i guess?

But yeah, the "grading" system is kinda stoopid because it's really just preference. I like the Bs better than As for example.

Very nice looking clowns! I've followed Donis fish breeding thread and she has done a great job! She even has snowcassos as well!

Take good care of them and they'll look like mine in my avatar! ;)

According to her definition are those A's? The white looks like it touches.

I like Grade B picassos better than Grade A picassos...

the -extremely- white ones are the coolest... "snowcassos" i guess?

But yeah, the "grading" system is kinda stoopid because it's really just preference. I like the Bs better than As for example.

Yeah I like them all, just a budgeting thing. The best part about buying from her is that you get a WYSIWYG video of the actual set and she has a new "product added" email. So I just waited a few weeks until she had a set that I really liked and then pulled the trigger. She is also very flexible on shipping on an exact date, etc.

Great experience.

-jds

Well I was going to post she had 2 more B's and 5 more A's but now she is down to ony 3 A's. She sells out of B's so fast!

-jds

Thanks for the link, I wish I had the room. 30 dollars for a pair of those is a great deal.

Hey Gerber, $15 each is for the misbars/regulars. Last time I stopped by the B's were $50 each, A's were $100. Still not bad even with shipping considering my LFS wanted $190 for a pair of B's.

Archived