Cultivated Reef

pprwngs Solana

pprwngs

Hi and :welcome: to my Solana!!

This tank has been setup for a few weeks now. But here are some pics to show where it's come from and some updates on where it will go. I hope you like it and enjoy...

Getting it setup -

21lps3l.jpg

2uxye7s.jpg

Cycling the rock -

35bw36d.jpg

The gadgets -

xni8w0.jpg

28qqals.jpg

32zntz7.jpg

The Tank -

essqds.jpg

1. The Stuff
  2. 34g Solana
  3. 20" Nova Extreme Pro
  4. 150W Stealth Heater
  5. Sapphire Solana Skimmer
  6. Double Switch ATO
  7. Koralia 1 x2
  8. 40# Florida Reef Rock
  9. 5# Live Rock
  10. 20# Live Indo-Pacific Sand

I am taking my time with setting this tank up. My first fish/coral will not be until 6 months, I'm waiting so long so that the reef rock can be seeded with life/coralline and to let my tank mature with out adding anything more than a CUC. I just ordered 31# KoraLagoon Substrat and a light tree to hang my light over my tank. I will be taking the sand out and adding the light tree around the middle of April once I move.

1. Clean Up Crew
  2. Astrea snails x3
  3. Cerith snails x3
  4. Turbo snail x1
  5. Scarlet hermits x 5
  6. Electric-Blue hermit x1

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks for checking it out.

Jim

yeah but i figured id hit up the all in one section since it is a slower and some people come here and not the member section.

• 2 weeks later...
there are 2 cords on the NEP. and yes i have the ACJr running a dawn/dusk light cycle.

pprwngs,

Nice tank dude, mine is in the mail. Got a few questions for you: What is the temps on your tank with that nova extreme lighting? Did you keep that egg crate under those rocks or was that just for the cycling? I should be getting mine soon, I just cant wait lol.

• 2 weeks later...

So yea, it's been forever since I did any updates. Not much going on just letting the reef rock gain more life and letting my small CUC do their thing... Coralline algae is starting to appear on some rocks and on the back of my tank so when I move I'll remove the LR and let my tank mature for about 5ish more months till I add any fish/coral.

Hey bro!

Any updates? Just curious if you where still going to hang your light...

I still plan on hanging the light, I'm just waiting till I move(next weekend)

pprwngs,

Nice tank dude, mine is in the mail. Got a few questions for you: What is the temps on your tank with that nova extreme lighting? Did you keep that egg crate under those rocks or was that just for the cycling? I should be getting mine soon, I just cant wait lol.

My temps are between 77.9-78.4! the egg crate was just during the cycle so I could get some good flow around the LR.

wow the tank looks great, i like your set up alot, everything is put away, clean, very nice!

Thanks!

what kind of stand do you have? it is the solana stand or you have a different one?

It's a custom stand from a local wood shop, I wanted the tank lower so my 2 kids could see everything.

Your tank is looking great, Im looking forward to following this. Ive got one too, my only advice is maybe make a mesh top for the tank if you plan on keeping fish.

Let us know how the skimmer works, Im thinking of upgrading to that one myself.

-edit for misspelling

One last thing, can you detail the ATO?

It's a custom stand from a local wood shop, I wanted the tank lower so my 2 kids could see everything.

Do you have drawings of the stand or additional pictures as I am looking for something other than stock stand. Also what size container do you have your top off water in....

Archived