Innovative Marine Aquariums

W1dude's Large Cube! @ My NEW HOUSE!

w1dude

My tank is a 150g. The dimensions are 36"x36"x27"... That makes it 150 gallons!

I have done a leak test and it is working great!

I picked up a 20g sump from Joshua Pickett at Aquatic Acrylic Works.

Just a little tease for now!

IMG_9277.jpg

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_9283.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is gonna be a sweet build!!! def following along!! a pyramid type rock scape would look awesome in there. good luck!!

Wow. That's an awesome tank. 20 gallon sump though?

Yea, Its all i can fit, because of the dimensions of the stand.

JERKSZY: Check for pics tomorrow! Scape is finished! Kind of pyrmaidish! Just to lazy to take pics!

Thanks everyone for the support!

Yea, Its all i can fit, because of the dimensions of the stand.

JERKSZY: Check for pics tomorrow! Scape is finished! Kind of pyrmaidish! Just to lazy to take pics!

Thanks everyone for the support!

i will be checkin in for those pics! :lol: its funny that you did the rockwork already, like i suggested....honestly i think thats the best look for a cube..

NEW PICS!

btw: plans for stocking a lot of softies, and a lot of SPS. I am kind of undecided.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR INPUT ON ROCK SCAPE. It is all secured and held in by acrylic rods. I need advice, because I am not very artistic!

Thanks

IMG_9296.jpg

IMG_9287.jpg

IMG_9288.jpg

And a couple extras

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9294.jpg

SWEET!!!! GREAT job on the rock work!! might of missed it, but what r ya doin for lighting that beast?

I was orginally going to do a retrofit with 2x250 lumenarc mini reflectors. But I found a 2x250 catalina ballast with spider reflectors and bulbs for $210. I am trying to decide if it is a good deal or not, because the lumenarcs are EXPENSIVE!

Thanks btw!

why is the sand bed so deep?

It isnt, it is just pushed up to the side of the glass. There is only 190lbs of sand in there right now. I think i am going to stop there, because it looks pretty good! The sand bed is about 3in high.

no, it just looked like your sand bed was really deep.

Agreed, I have a 1.0"-1.5" sandbed but that's just me.

Nice tank though.

Dude your fast. Didnt you just pick that sump up on Friday? Hows that patch doing? If you have any problem let me know. Ya know I'll fix it.

J

Dude your fast. Didnt you just pick that sump up on Friday? Hows that patch doing? If you have any problem let me know. Ya know I'll fix it.

J

It's great! I will def. let you know! I am also trying to figure out how I should set up the sump. As in what should go in each chamber!

I'm glad your happy. I had to put the money in my baby girls piggy bank. That was the deal. If I sold the sump form my bro in law she got the money.

Chamber config. Well the world is your oyster. Pack if full of live rock and enjoy your tank. Hey did you check out premium aquatics site yet?

tank looks good! i love the marineland deep dimensions tanks.

on the sandbed though, either bump it up to 4"+ or knock it back to 1". 3" is not quite deep enough for an effective DSB and will be nothing but a giant detritus trap that will cause future nutrient issues. i would recommend the 1" route.

tank looks good! i love the marineland deep dimensions tanks.

on the sandbed though, either bump it up to 4"+ or knock it back to 1". 3" is not quite deep enough for an effective DSB and will be nothing but a giant detritus trap that will cause future nutrient issues. i would recommend the 1" route.

Ok thanks for the advice! That just means sand I dont have to buy for the fuge :)....

Do you think the sand may pack down a little bit when i add water since its dry sand?

Archived