Coral Vue Hydros

Cam's AGA 40br reef-flat

Cam198

This tank is going to have a variety of photosynthetic caribbean gorgonians, encrusting porites, macroalgaes, and sponges. It will have my mated pair of Ocellaris Clownfish (not a caribbean species but I thought they could use a larger tank to swim around in), and various caribbean fish species.

I am currently conjuring up ideas for an appropriate sized CUC here's what I'm thinking 25 dwarf cerith snails, 10 nassarius snails, 10 dwarf red tip hermit crabs, 1 pincushion urchin, 1 peppermint shrimp, and 10 porcelain crabs.

My fish list consists of my mated pair of ocellaris clowns, a mated pair of yellowhead jawfish, a few bridled gobies, and a mated pair of rusty gobies. My Inverts list (excluding the CUC inverts) consists of 3 flame scallops, ball sponges, yellow frilly sponges, various kinds of bivalves, 1 lettuce sea slug, featherdusters, and 2 sally lightfoot crabs.

I already have the tank drilled and plumbed in with a 1 1/2'' drain line and a 3/4'' water return, the water return has a 3/4'' SCWD and a 700GPH pump plumbed in it. I plumbed a blow-off valve into the pump return line so I can lessen the water pressure that the pump pushes out if needed. The pump will eventually be upgraded to a Mag-Drive 18 with a prefilter sponge attached to it. My sump is an AGA 10gal. but it will be upgraded to a 20H. My sump when all is done, is going to be a simple design because most of the filtering will be filtered via the gorgonians, sponges, macroalgae's, and deep sandbed etc.

I have already ordered my 36'' Nova Extreme pro with 6 X 39'' T5's. I'm going to replace the 3 actinics with 6000K Giesemann midday bulbs. I will heat the water with an 150W Ebo-Jager heater. I will run the setup without a Skimmer unless i find that there is excessive organic buildup.

It has 80lbs. of CarabSea Aragonite sand, 40lbs. of Caribbean Live Rock and R/O water in it. I spray painted the back of it krylon satin peekaboo blue ( thats the stupidest name for a color of spray paint imo).

All comments and suggestions are greatly welcomed :D

PICS

IMG_5307.jpg

Full Tank Shot

IMG_5305.jpg

Left Water Return

IMG_5306.jpg

Right Water Return

IMG_5304.jpg

Top Down Shot

IMG_5313.jpg

Left Shot

IMG_5314-1.jpg

Right Shot

IMG_5303.jpg

Another Shot

IMG_5308.jpg

Left Water Return Plumbing

IMG_5309.jpg

Right Water Return Plumbing

IMG_5311.jpg

SCWD

IMG_5312.jpg

Drain Line Plumbing

IMG_5315.jpg

Pic Showing Pump and Blow-Off Valve

IMG_5316.jpg

Sump Shot

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! I frequently snorkle that type of environment. Its pretty much just like that off smathers beach in Key West. I even saw a 4-5 foot hammerhead shark in 3 feet of water while snorkleing once in that area. Might be hard to fit a shark in your tank though! ;)

Cool! I frequently snorkle that type of environment. Its pretty much just like that off smathers beach in Key West. I even saw a 4-5 foot hammerhead shark in 3 feet of water while snorkleing once in that area. Might be hard to fit a shark in your tank though! ;)

Cool!! I'll have to take a rain check on the hammerhead shark :lol:

Oh I LOVE it !!! I think this is the first tank I've ever seen that doesn't have the usual pile 'o' rock. I love how you've placed your rocks almost flat with the sand. Very different from what's usually seen. I'm so looking forward to watching your build. Awesome photos too - thanks for sharing.

:D

Oh I LOVE it !!! I think this is the first tank I've ever seen that doesn't have the usual pile 'o' rock. I love how you've placed your rocks almost flat with the sand. Very different from what's usually seen. I'm so looking forward to watching your build. Awesome photos too - thanks for sharing.

:D

Thanks! :D I hope it will turn out at least half as good as some of the awesome tanks I've seen on NR :)

Archived