assorted Zoanthids

Branching hammers

torch

Xenia

brown/purple acan brain

Green Maze Brain Dome

1purple + 1 green goniopora

2 types green star polyps

assorted acroporas: green, bali slimer, pink/green birds nest, blue tort, brown/green stag, purple tip, tricolor, pink pocillopora, peach green, valida,

sunset montipora-ish, purple montipora, orange monti cap frag, green &purple rim cap, green plain cap, purple cap

cube green pagoda frag

purple frag chalice

red/green frag favia

green frogspawn

---------------------------------------------------

Parameters/Water Changes

5 Gallon Water changes every other week w/ Instant Ocean Salt

flexiflo enteral pump for ato pumping @ 142ml/hr

Temperature- 78-80

PH-8.2-8.3

Salinity-1.025

Ca- 400-420

Kh- 7-8

Ammonia-0

Nitrites-0

Nitrates-undetectable, api test kit

running fluval carbon, iron based phosphate remover, filter floss + fluval fine filter pad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

tank looks great man, i too lost an elegance coral, but mine was in perfect condition when i got it from the LFS, Elegance are hard to take care of no matter how much experiecence you have, some elegance are able to live in captivity and some just die for no reason, it's sad but true

• 2 weeks later...
I came across this small ugly thing crawling across my live rock under the moon lights one night and could not recover it. It made a fatal flaw by showing up today during daytime so I speared it with an trusty safety pin, after failing to pry it from the live rock with my fingers. It might be the "sexay thang" in slug world, but not by my eyes...and I did not want to keep that in my reef tank. Anyone know what it is exactly? I'll stick with turbos, nassarius, and ceriths any day.

_IGP2327.jpg

Thanks

AFAIK, thats a a stomatella, helpful, harmless and cute (IMO). I have a bunch. funny little customers.

btw, love the brain coral. So prevalent in real reefs, so rare in our tanks.

Oh WOW!

you have a very nice tank.

aww and i feel bad for that stomatella snail... poor little guy. they do a good job as part of the clean up crew.

-dan

Adding LED lights in the water to lower the nitrate?That is a new one for me.Does that really work?And from the picture it seems there is not much light in the tank?Or are that just the pictures. :mellow:

Adding LED lights in the water to lower the nitrate?That is a new one for me.Does that really work?And from the picture it seems there is not much light in the tank?Or are that just the pictures. :mellow:

Adding lights for the chaeto will enable it to grow, and take up more of the trates.

• 2 weeks later...

hermitingsp.jpg

Here's an indo hermit resting in some gsp. I thought it was a pretty cool contrast. I've got my 250w outer orbit, and it's a giant. It kind of looks like an alien ship on my ap24. I also set up an infusion pump to top off my water. So far so good...pics to come soon! and this new light is hot, literally, but my sps love it...Anyone use a diy hanging rack for their light fixture? I'd like to see.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the comments!

The brain is one of my favorites as it was my first piece. That guy can eat a lot of mysis. I think I feed too much (oyster eggs, phyto, cyclops, mysis), hence some red cyano, so I'm trying to find that magic formula...but the good news is my nitrates are the color between 0 and 5, thank you chaeto in the rear compartment!

I definitely can see fragging the xenia over and over in the future..and the 2 gsp is starting to get a bit grow happy. Maybe that'll give me a couple dollars trade in to my lfs going forward.

gosh I wish I had flat glass in the front though...but I got the tank and a metal halide light for a deal when I started...and I have to take and post the pic of the polyp extension at night...especially the chalice coral, i caught it eating one of my turbinaria polyps.

tank looks great man, i too lost an elegance coral, but mine was in perfect condition when i got it from the LFS, Elegance are hard to take care of no matter how much experiecence you have, some elegance are able to live in captivity and some just die for no reason, it's sad but true

Sorry about your elegance coral. I had mine for a long time and my clown fish used to host it. I lost it when I added a angel fish ( I know big mistake). It would pick at it and the stress killed it. I still regret not taking it out when the picking started. :-(

yeah, i feel bad about that snail...i kinda just freaked out thinking it was probably something bad and felt compelled to take it out of the tank. i'm hoping he makes it...but he was speared in his tail...one of those if only's

it should surrive, i accidentally ripped one in half and it is still alive!

Archived