Coral Vue Hydros

Killer T5HO deal

05XRunner

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.. that's a great price. I was thinking of upgrading to MH.. I can DIY a 150w MH into my orbit fixture + LED actinics for $175..

or I could buy this and sell my orbit fixture for $100ish..

will this light sustain SPS and clams in a 20gal?

it's almost too good of a deal to pass up.. what would everyone else do? spend the extra $75 for 150W MH + actinic LEDs or go with this 96w T5HO system?

sorry for the hijack

if i had a tank i would buy one...hell i am almost tempted to buy it and start another tank just cause of how good of a deal..it looks like its pretty much an exact duplicate of teh TEK T5 lights..but MUCH cheaper

if i had the money, i would be buying a fixture right now....

i already have the freakin bulbs!

what kind of bulbs do u have, the name brand 24" ones or the more standard ones?

I'm asking cause this fixture comes with the more standard ones, if I'm reading it right.

I wish they said what brand it was, and it looks like the hanging system is extra...

I have 4 almost new Geismann 24" buls FS.

what kind of bulbs do u have, the name brand 24" ones or the more standard ones?

I'm asking cause this fixture comes with the more standard ones, if I'm reading it right.

I wish they said what brand it was, and it looks like the hanging system is extra...

Well I just bought mine!!!

Anyone who has 24" T5HO bulbs that are the nicer name brand type, pls PM me with what you want to trade or sell them for.

HecticDialectics

good god that's a great deal!

those fixtures were the hello lights tek knockoffs

I wish I had something I could stick that over :lol:

It doesn't mean they're bad if they're a "knockoff", does it?

I'm still learning about T5HO although I HAVE done some recent research.

I'll try to remember to post here when I get it on how it looks and stuff.

I'm hoping to use this on a 20L upgrade for my 16g tank.

It indicates TRU is the bulb source. Those are decent bulbs for stock. Better than what you would get on most. The UVL they have as upgrades are really good but the TRU would be decent bulbs.

would there be any way to splice the wiring to achieve the dusk/dawn effect?

Yeah, anyone with reasonably electrical knowledge would probably be able to add another power cord. I would check the ballast configuration first, though.

It refers to "ballasts", in the plural, so it sounds like there's more than one.

I know TEK fixtures are supposed to be good, but can someone tell me what would make a TEK fixture better than this one?

This one has the individual parabolic reflectors, which I know are a big deal. I wouldn't get a T5HO fixture without individual reflectors.

i am really tempted on buying this and I dont even have a tank

I would say the main difference would be paying for the TEK name.

LOL..well i just bought one. I guess i should go dust off the 15gal tank and start a new tank

It refers to "ballasts", in the plural, so it sounds like there's more than one.

I know TEK fixtures are supposed to be good, but can someone tell me what would make a TEK fixture better than this one?

This one has the individual parabolic reflectors, which I know are a big deal. I wouldn't get a T5HO fixture without individual reflectors.

If it refers to ballasts plurally, I think wiring it up with 2 power cords should be easy.

As for what makes a TEK different- probably not that much. I usually like the quality of sunlight supply ballasts, and I can say certainly that the housing is constructed very well, its extremely sturdy.

With that one from hellolights, who knows. But for that price........ !!!!

wow those look awesome and not bad. i been looking for a set of lights to put over my new tank. got a 15 gallon. what do you guys think is better though. those tek style knockoff or currents new nova extremes with SLR reflectors. i seen it for 150. plus it has the moonlights in it so 2 of them. so if you try add monlights to the tek one your gonna needput money into it. any susgestions?

HecticDialectics
It doesn't mean they're bad if they're a "knockoff", does it?

I'm still learning about T5HO although I HAVE done some recent research.

I'll try to remember to post here when I get it on how it looks and stuff.

I'm hoping to use this on a 20L upgrade for my 16g tank.

oh no, I didn't mean to imply that they are bad by any means

I guess I should have said quite literally that Hello Lights took the Tek fixture and relabeled them as far as I can tell :P

They actually look virtually identical, the cooling vent slots are even the same :lol:

Archived