ReefCleaners.org

Nick's BioCube 29(DEAD AND GONE)

nckwrn

Index:

Overview:

I would like to thank everybody that has posted on NR it has helped so much and has given me the knowledge to do this. This will be my first ever Nano so I want to do it right. I currently have a 14 gallon brackish tank with Guppies and Mollies, Reef's are a whole other ball game. Here I am lots and lots of posts have been read, a few $100 spent (I think I need more money) and now my BioCube 29 is on it's way straight to my house. If I didn't find Nano-Reef I don't know what I would be doing. I wouldn't even know what a sump was! So hopefully I can achieve my goal of an efficient, sleek, and beautiful looking reef!

My Reef:

My love of fish tanks all started with a 14 Gallon AGA. It was my first fish tank ever, freshwater it was simple. I think I'm happy with my choice of starting a Mini-Reef, it will be fun and $$expensive$$!

Equipment:

-Oceanic Biocube 29 and Stand

-Caribsea Carribean Sand

-Red Sea Marine Salt

-Koralia Nano Pump

-Hydor FLO

-Visi-Therm Stealth 100w

-100ml Purigen

-11oz Chemi-Pure Elite

-Media Bag

-14oz Filter Floss

Pictures:

Full Tank Shot

DSC06086.jpg

Inside the Stand

DSC06088.jpg

Closer Full Tank Shot

DSC06089.jpg

Side View of Top

DSC06094.jpg

Artistic Back Chamber Picture

DSC06095.jpg

Actinics

DSC06098.jpg

Led's

DSC06099.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good .

Widen that opening between the 1st and 2nd chamber for more flow. Toss those stock filters. When i first had mine i was using them but they clog quickly. Update your pump or add some Korilias for some added flow.

Looks good .

Widen that opening between the 1st and 2nd chamber for more flow. Toss those stock filters. When i first had mine i was using them but they clog quickly. Update your pump or add some Korilias for some added flow.

Yea, I'm going to be replacing the bioballs with Purigen and Chemi-Pure. The Koralia pump should be showing up within the next week.

Why won't anybody comment or anything? Thanks for being so interested in my tank :angry:

Get more in the tank to comment about. How about some live Rock.

dahliaheartsyou
Where can I get cheap LR, because at my LFS they want to sell me some for $5 a pound! YEA RIGHT! :lol:

that is actually an AMAZING price if it is good quality...

Why won't anybody comment or anything? Thanks for being so interested in my tank :angry:

Some people only read and comment on the "popular" perople of NRs posts. Idk why.

Where can I get cheap LR, because at my LFS they want to sell me some for $5 a pound! YEA RIGHT! :lol:

Yeah that's the cheapest I have ever seen it at a lfs around here. The best way to go is sign up on a more local reefing site and try and find someone selling it. I got all my lr from someone on michiganreefers.com for $2 a pound. And the other day someone was giving it away for free!!! It went in a couple of hours and I missed :angry:

But I can get some nice LR from Sealife Inc. for $3.50\lb

Heres a link to it Sealife's LR

Dosen't it as you have to add $1.50 per pound for shipping? So, yeah, $5 per pound...

dahliaheartsyou
But I can get some nice LR from Sealife Inc. for $3.50\lb

Heres a link to it Sealife's LR

but it is dry and a lot of die off occurs in shipping, especially during colder times like now.

i got mine for 6 dollars a pound, picked the best pieces that were covered in coralline, and kept it fully submerged in saltwater on the way home, and even got mini carpet nems free on it.

also, you'll have to pay shipping...

if you have a nice lfs that treats the animals well, support them and buy it there, if not find it somewhere else...

I agree with dahlia,Oi support ur LFS, it may be a lil above price, but in the long run, u will benefit from it. Think about it, $3 a pound plus shipping. Its about the same. Btw you got a real beauty of a tank, take care of it dont rush it, and in time, youll see how much ur work has progress.

Thank you for the compliment. I guess I'll have to talk my parents into buying it for me. How much should I get?

about 20 lbs maybe

$100 isn't too bad. I'll try to get like a visa gift card for christmas so I can go and choode it myself.

thats more than enough, its always good to put a few hermits as well, it kinda help the procces

but it is dry and a lot of die off occurs in shipping, especially during colder times like now.

i got mine for 6 dollars a pound, picked the best pieces that were covered in coralline, and kept it fully submerged in saltwater on the way home, and even got mini carpet nems free on it.

also, you'll have to pay shipping...

if you have a nice lfs that treats the animals well, support them and buy it there, if not find it somewhere else...

Depending on how long it has been at the lfs. When they receive it it is dry so it really dosen't matter but if it has been at the lfs for w while there may be things that keeping it dry could kill.

$100 isn't too bad. I'll try to get like a visa gift card for christmas so I can go and choode it myself.

I'm telling ya, local reefers is the wasy to go price wise.

dahliaheartsyou
Depending on how long it has been at the lfs. When they receive it it is dry so it really dosen't matter but if it has been at the lfs for w while there may be things that keeping it dry could kill.

i know, that's why i said "if it's good quality"

also, DO NOT get a cuc until you need something to clean up as in algae...

the point of snails and hermits is NOT to cycle as they are sensitive to the unstable water parameters and can die during cycling, plus their life span is greatly reduced if put in during cycling

also, don't skimp on live rock, 100 bucks isn't a lot in this hobby and you can get creatures that wouldn't be introduced without the more expensive rock.

Archived