inTank Media Baskets

Tidal wave!

eklikewhoa

I have always wanted the Tunze wavebox but even the wait for the nano wavebox was a waste since it was not technically designed for Nano tanks...

With that here is what I dreamt up and Kyle at Sapphire Aquatics help make into reality for me.

Tank

48"x 12"x 12" (viewable from 3 sides)

Tunze 6055

Tunze 6091

Marineland Stealth heater

40lbs Nature's Ocean black beach sand

~40lbs of Rock

-Livestock

A.Pictus angler

Mystery wrasse

hybrid tang baby

macroalgae

gorgonians

CUC from Reefcleaners.org

Here are some vids.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Q_OrJNRE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF7sfFbDIrc

Pump was turned down to allow macro to attach and livestock to acclimate... disclaimer - chromis were eaten in the making of the vids and are no longer part of the livestock list along with those that made that possible, 3x dwarf fuzzy lionfish.

Some pictures of the rehomed lions.

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7401.jpg

Now recent pictures of the tank

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg

IMG_7429.jpg

IMG_7450.jpg

IMG_7453.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg

IMG_7426.jpg

IMG_7396.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank has been up for a few months now.

Majority of the rocks came from my previous tank and inhabitants have been living in a holding tank for like 5-6 months till a few weeks ago.

• 1 month later...

i love the anglers, I have a black one myself, I hate to break it to ya, but eventually one of them will take your mystery wrasse.

Hey eklikewhoa, glad to see ya back on N-R, I haven't seen ya post here since back in the summer. I still haven't gotten around to collecting around the jetties and everywhere down at Galveston. That's an awesome looking tank, I really love all the anglers. How many you got in there? Crazy surge you got in there, or should I say tsunami :lol: .

I love your tank :wub: very diffrent

I want a fumanchu lionfish :D

edit- what's the name of that pink angler?

It came in as a red pictus... it was blood red when I got but it stayed in a tank with only liverock.

i love the anglers, I have a black one myself, I hate to break it to ya, but eventually one of them will take your mystery wrasse.

Well.... looks like you were wrong.

The mystery is now the only remaining of the above.

Hey eklikewhoa, glad to see ya back on N-R, I haven't seen ya post here since back in the summer. I still haven't gotten around to collecting around the jetties and everywhere down at Galveston. That's an awesome looking tank, I really love all the anglers. How many you got in there? Crazy surge you got in there, or should I say tsunami :lol: .

Yeah... took a little break from it all cause I had to move so I didn't want to have to move a reef tank. I havent been collecting either but some buddies have been out there fishing and says that it's a mess. I plan to go when it warms up a bit.

Right now there's only the one angler in there.

in####ingcredible.

Best way possible.

I was looking at making a custom tank with these dims but cutting it in half for an AIO idea. I love how yours has been done and that wave box is gnarly.

Archived