ReefCleaners.org

Pics of my new Nano

805fish

Taken all with a Kodak i think a V1003....its mom so idk...tell me what you think

its been one week in its cycle. I have this part that is called "back pack skimmer" that can be romoved from the back but was thinking do i really need a skimmer? if not maybe i can use it for something else. Maybe hide my heater in the back? What do you all suggest? or anyone with the same type can you pls help? its a cpr tank.

Rio 600 connected to bubble the skimmer but can be used just as a pump

Rio600.jpg

Skimmer with rioo600

Skimmerplastic.jpg

Snail and Lil Cleaner Crab to the right

Purple.jpg

Whats the red thing? not a crop pic

Snail_featherduster_sponge.jpg

Side View

SideCornerViewperfect.jpg

Some White Stringy Thing? lol

WhiteLine.jpg

Looks like a tree?

Tree_thing_Coraline.jpg

FTS (looks much much brighter in person)

FTSwithflash.jpg

So what do you all think?

If that rockwork is stable, then it's completely bada$s.

thanks Feathers. The rockwork is actually stable and dosent move a bit. Here is a pic from a side view. Sorry its not such a good one. And no rock is touching the sides. The big one in the middle is one big peace

SideShot.jpg

Thank you Adrift. I really am. Its not as hard as i thought it would be. I just have to be really patient and that's hard but that's the right way to go

Thank you Adrift. I really am. Its not as hard as i thought it would be. I just have to be really patient and that's hard but that's the right way to go

I agree great start! That's def going to be a very nice and unique setup!

uh oh looks like you might have some aptaisia. Kill it kill it quick

+1. the pic with the "white stringy thing" you mentioned.

I think the rockwork is great! I can't tell if you have a powerhead behind it, but I'd be tempted to put one under the pile to keep detritus from accumulating back there.

I agree great start! That's def going to be a very nice and unique setup!

yes im so far happy with it and the look of it

my only filtration is live rock and live sand

any help what i can do?

yupp good start.

thank you :)

uh oh looks like you might have some aptaisia. Kill it kill it quick

i added a peppermint shrimp that is suppose to kill or eat them

but so far he is to shy to come out while lights on

+1. the pic with the "white stringy thing" you mentioned.

I think the rockwork is great! I can't tell if you have a powerhead behind it, but I'd be tempted to put one under the pile to keep detritus from accumulating back there.

well i have one power head on top left side and then i have the main return pump on the right side like half way. you can see it on pic number 3 and on the last one you can see its reflection off the glass and on post 3 the gray output

what can i use as for filtering since i only have rock and live sand for filter?

Also its been a week and 1 day and i see signs of diatom bloom on substrate and a bit on glass

is it time for the great water change?

You could add a Hang on filter or add refuge. Or you coudl do both!

i was wondering instead of a skimmer can i use the sections on it as a refuge? and to hide my heater?

if so how would i go on with doing that?

Thank you Toomin and JBM. Everything was tested today and the local mom and pop shop and toled me the water was ready for my 1st coral. So i bought this guy loving his color. He has opened up more withing the past few hours. When i took him out i saw something that looked like a rock but wasn't. It was these little 4 all together closed up but have opened up now. Here are some pics. Took them in a hurry sorry if blurry

FTS

FTS.jpg

Side View

Sidecloseup.jpg

ID anyone? i found them in the bag :D

littlecoral.jpg

ID too pls

CoralShot.jpg

Now just let it sit and do it's thing for a few months. If you keep it stable, you will be amazed how far that coral will go in that short of a time. Again, don't worry about every little aptasia or bug or spot or whatever and just let the tank grow.

just wondering. Those two are separate on the rock. Two diff peaces. Is there any way to seperate them? or maybe break the rock where it separates both?

Archived