SaltCritters.com

Stef & his 9G Nano-Reef (New FTS !)

stef

Hi there ;) ,

@ first I got into nano planted aquariums, later I found a website about a Nano Saltwater aquarium. I was really amazed 'bout these creatures and colours. I had a hard time finding right equipment and good rocks here in Europe (Belgium), but got some really nice handpicked rocks from a LFS in Holland.

A 9G aquarium, koralio Nano, a refractometer, a 150 w heater, Eheim HOB and lots of reading were my ingredieënts for a fresh (eeuh...salty) start:

nanostef1.jpg

Detail:

nanostef2.jpg

A big jump now: 4 months later:

nanostef3.jpg

I had a lot of patience but started with premium cured rocks and water from the LFS System, I never had any diatom or algae outbreak. Very litte nitrate pike. I Added the zoa's and a gorgonian, a little clown and a very little clown.

BUT:

I had very big problems with my PC fixture, who caused me nothing but trouble, 10 replacement bulbs, days without light and at last an hair algae problem.

I switched to Mhalide light in a cheap ass fixture, 14K bulb (nice withe) and never had any problems again.

And with the Halide I got a T maxima, very blue, I like it a lot.

When I moved to a new place, I had another big problem with silicates in the tap water, I've added a silicate filter to my RO/DI installation and had to recover the nano with loooots of WC, but we're ok now.

nanostef4.jpg

So I moved the clam 2 the top on a flat piece of rock, where it attached happily...

This one I don't see a lot, it comes only out @ night, a money crown (when it does it fascinates me all the time):

nanostef5.jpg

Few days ago I rearanged all my LRocks, for window cleaning reasons, I was a bit scared @ first, now I'm pretty happy with this setup, I have more room to position the corals properly. It's also more easy to direct the flow.

My living room went realy messy and I saw the empty bottom of my tank again, but this is the result:

nanostef6.jpg

some details with new frags:

nanostef8.jpg

nanostef9.jpg

and a nightime view:

nanostef7.jpg

then a view on my equipment:

nanostef10.jpg

And today I installed a refugium, I hope it'll give my some good results, I still have a little bit of HA. Anyway, I liked the DIY project a lot. 2 juge by U:

nanostef11.jpg

nanostef12.jpg

So, that's all 4 now; plz comment & advice,

yours greatfully

Stef

ps: it's only my second post here

Thx a lot SmittyCoco!

I got a good adres for new frags. So an upgrade/update is expected soon.

I'm first trying to figure out how I can feed the fish/corals without polluting the water to much? I don't have a feeding program now, just from time to time fytoplancto and frozen red plancto, and I have a artemia/scallop mix for the fish. Ideas?

grtz :happy:

• 5 months later...

SIDE VIEUW

Rightside.jpg

FTS

FTS2.jpg

CORALS

Monti.jpg

Pavona.jpg

Seriatopora.jpg

Zoa.jpg

MY ACRO'S

Acro1.jpg

Acro2.jpg

Acro3.jpg

Acro4.jpg

Thanks DT, great 2 hear! I like urs 2!

Hey what is that last blue acro? Do you have a full name? Its wonderful.

It's an Acropora Gomezi

It's a really blue blueish one. The colour is amazing but it's a shame that it has so little polieps, maby he'll grow some more.

Have u seen the extension on the green one?

check this out for more info on 'tha Gomezi'...

I'll post a new pic later.

I would like to know the name of the green Acropora.

The SPS started to grow as soon as I Installed an HQI.

It's a cheep fixture, but it does it's work great.

Check the cool effect that a piece of binoculars gives, when I put it in front of my cameralens:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

nice huh?

I like your tank Steph. You really have some good looking coral in there. I also like your fuge, its almost as big as your tank! lol

Bruce

Thx bruce, I'm trying to get more coral in there. I'm going really slow because I don't have a skimmer. I like to keep my balance! Thx for the comment, I'll check urs in a sec. My Fuge is 1/4 of the display. Maby it's the foto. I like the fuge, macroalgae growing spot and resort for banned crabs en apista.

Tank You Toomin!

2 bad u cannot keep a navy tank in the navy. :tears:

Archived