Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Proraptor’s Bomb Proof Advanced Acrylics All in One

proraptor2

Dimensions:

25 inches long, 19 Inches Wide, 18 inches tall. 3/4 inch acrylic

5 inch wide rear chambers

6 inch tall black acrylic hood. (not built yet)

Lights:

Current USA 24 in T5ho's

Chiller:

I will be running my AquaEuro 1/10/ HP chiller on this tank.

Return Pump:

Hagen 802 return pump, mag 900 for extra flow in tank, stock aquapod pump to run chiller

Substrate:

Oolite

Live Rock:

25lbs live rock

Corals:

Im thinking this tank will be an Aussie Acan, Micromussa, and Zoanthid/Paly dominated tank. Im not planning on doing any SPS (I get a rash from SPS).

Fish/Inverts:

1 black and white clown for now. Fire shrimp

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant speak for the t5s but I love my hellolights MH retros.

Is the hood solid? I opted to go for a hanging hood because my black acrylic hood for the 60(which is being setup this week btw!) was just to confined to release heat with the 250w MH.

I would definitely recommend the icecap retros over anything from current. I'm biased, but you should try checking reefgeek.com for great retro kit prices (these include your choice of bulbs).

The tank isnt built yet but should be done by the end of this month.

I dont think I want to go halide with an acrylic hood and I really dont want to run fans if I dont have to...Im trying to make the tank super quiet as its in the living room.

Ive owned icecap driven T5 ho's before but never got the right bulb combination so I ditched them. Im not sure Ill really need icecap driven T5ho's though for what Im going to keep....

John made a custom hood for the tank?? :o Can't wait to see pics though, Pro! Also I have a couple pieces of super dead, dead rock on my balcony. It's yours if you want it. Guaranteed pest free! :D

John made a custom hood for the tank?? :o Can't wait to see pics though, Pro! Also I have a couple pieces of super dead, dead rock on my balcony. It's yours if you want it. Guaranteed pest free! :D

Yeah thats what Im shooting for....Stan is working out all the details for the build with jon. I think I have enough dead rock for now but will let you know if I dont have enough....thanks bro

• 1 month later...

Ok some changes to the tank....

John is making it with 3/4 inch acrylic now with no bracing. Its also going to be bigger at 26in X 19 IN X 18 in...

Finally got the tank but dont have the hood yet :( Im thinking at this point to just not get the hood built and maybe just do a halide instead. The 3/4 inch acrylic is awesome Here are the pics:

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

thanks guys....

My fiancee is responsible for the carpet.....Im not sure where she got it

just a guess...

africa?

Archived