torch coral

green brain coral

acropora frag

red, purple, green, shrooms

hairy shrooms

pom pom xenia

mushroom leather

finger leather

thank you its a work in progress. the rock beauty will probally get too big so later on i will take him to the lfs to swim in bigger tank if thats the case and get a dwarf or something like i originally wanted also waiting for some coraline algae to start growing eventually it will ive been told :)

Just got a cleaner shrimp and a 10 dollar frag of some green candy cane coral. pretty cool with in an hour my rock beauty made a pit stop at the cleaner to get some parasites or something cleaned off. i thought that was really cool how they symbiotically knew to do that. :) i wonder how long till the candy cane develops some more heads or splits or whatever?

Picture021.jpg

how long have you had the rock beauty? my dad loves them and has had many in his 75, they normally perish within a month due to malnurtition because he can only get them to eat nori and no frozen preprations.

my candy canes are growing fast under bc29 stock lighting on the sandbed. i bought it at 3 heads about a month ago and now you can already see 3 more heads starting to split, its really cool

I have had mine for about a month and a half and he just eats flake food with spirulina algae off my rocks and mysis shrimp. I mix it up and i have noticed that his black spot is starting to spread out ever so slightly tinging his back body like the adults.

wow i really like your tank! one question: is your light the hqi unit or is it the regular hood? i'm this close to going out and getting one... just trying to see how effective the regular lights would be to keeping mostly soft corals and a few hardy exoskeleton corals ie the open brain and maybe a hammer or frogspawn

• 3 weeks later...

Been aobut a month thought i would post some pics no coraline on the back wall but maybe a little, and i do mean a little pink, and on a few of my rocks in certain places but it is starting to grown the last two or three weeks i have noticed. corals are growing and so are the fish

Picture032.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture029.jpg

I plan on getting some frogspawn, flame angel, and six line wrasse, and probally odds and ends, i am taking the maroon clown out and putting two ocellaris in cause they wont get as big as the maroon. and i might end up trading the lfs the coral beauty if he gets too big, which he probally will, i want to get a powderblue tang or possibly a dori tang and to hell with the tang police i never liked any kind of police anyways, so now what.

holy polp extension on the toadie, as for the tangs, they need more room buddy, but thats up to you.

granted I have a frogfish in a ten gallon, but thankfully theres no frogfish police :)

looking good, keep it up

Yeah he was the first coral i got, started him in my ten gallon with two screw in 50/50 lights it absolutely loves it in my 24. everybody else has such crazy coralline growth on the back of their tanks. mine is just now srarting to come out very small and slow. so small i know a camera couldnt take a pic. it is also growing on my rocks in certain very small spots some red and pink but not the purple i cant say. oh well it just shows me my tank is doing good and maturing slowly but surely. thanks for the coments. yeah my lfs has a frogfish they really do get big, bigger than tangs, i cant wait to get a tang, but well see maybe i will wise up. and just like nwa said f$@# the tang police.

oceanahollic

Anybody got a mod like this one? got two maxi jet 900s one with half inch loc line and the other a hydro deflector both give such great flow and great skim action like a waterfall on top left about an inch fall below tank surface. no oils on top and great movement with out the 300 dollar wavemaker.

Picture036.jpg

Picture035.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Couple new frags, the colony of trumpets for 40 bucks and the teal and pinkish candys for twenty, and then my sixline wrasse, being evasive so no picture.

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking tank! Looks to me like you have lots of green and white coralline growth. I've read that if you flake up the coralline it will propogate better. Maybe you could scratch up some of the purple/pink that you've seen and encourage it to spread.

gulfsurfer101

I like that last pic. I actually have a MJ1200 powering a spraybar in my AP12 and the AP24 stock pump for return line and a 260gph return pump from my sump on my AP12 and I still can't seem to break up all the surface film. I'm thinking of making a small overflow box to back chamber, like those cheap ones that come with the nanocube. I think right now I'm at something like a 600X turnover rate. That SPS frag you got looks really good under your stock lighing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the comments. I have had that toadstool from pretty much day one and it is still growing and getting bigger. Also that sps probally would color up a little better under halides but it is actully growing over the epoxy i put down and the polyps are kinda green. My candys are coloring up really nicely and inflating like crazy and eating like pigs. I get excellent skimage because of the two mj900s over the top there is like a one inch drop like a water fall because of how much water is being sucked and spit back in. I have a hydro deflector which acts like a wave maker and it agitates the top water and then just some loc line on the other to make flow through the bottom. my torch flows so wildly at the bottom and it loves it. my clowns play in the flow quite a bit. I erased the pictures but i will try to post some better ones to give others the idea. I need to update on the pics anyway. also for the coraline, purple and pink dots are appearing everywhere on the back, the glass, and my return loclines. i did actually scrape my rocks and i think at the same time my tank just perfected its parameters to be growing the stuff. the green and white were from cycling and what not and that stuff has stopped growing and now the coraline is.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
oceanahollic

My rock beauty is healthy as ever and growing just nicely, i believe hes pretty much adult the black spot has covered almost completely from the pics i have seen of others. I have lost one clown and my sixline wrasse. Everything else is doing what it does. the hammer corals and the torch are splitting, slowly but nicely and my trumpets are healthy and growing and somewhat splitting, the mushroom as trippled in size the xenia is growing like weed as is the gsp. I havent done crap with the tank except maintain it, nothing new, although i have put my marshall island fire angel in my 12gal. I had a bad breakup with my girlfriend and i have been a mess and havent been interestred in much but i have been cleaning, doing water changes and feeding. that is it for now and i am waiting for some frogs spawn hopefully it is three or four heads so i can put a little in my 24 and the 12gal.

Picture075.jpg

And heres my clown BOZO chillin in my torch, the torch has been splitting in to two heads for a while now, one of these days i imagine it will be a complete split, but that will be a while, im in no hurry.

Picture072.jpg

Pics are fuzzy, but not best camera, the torch actually extends to about three times that but BOZO kinda irritates it a little.

Here he is healthy and growing

Picture076.jpg

Archived