Top Shelf Aquatics

Franklin Terrace Housing Projects!

Avon Barksdale

Avon Barksdale

24 gallon aquapod upgraded to 50 gallon Oceanic

Sunpod with Phoenix 14k

Aquac remora Hob skimmer...

Since these pics added Tunze 6025, and bunch of SPS frags....Cant find the battery charger to take new pics but the cameras weak anyway...

Thanks for lookin....

The upgrade

tankpics071.jpg

cam111011.jpg

cam111020.jpg

cam111035.jpg

cam111037.jpg

LED picks

cam111033.jpg

newcam003.jpg

FTS

It looks different now...Ill post some more when I get a cam...

cam111032.jpg

and Im out!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeyLookItsCaps

why are "humble tanks" always the best?

i need to rename mine humble so it starts to look better hahaha

great tank man....whats the name of the coral in the first pic

Avon Barksdale

Thanks everyone......I appreciate it...Ill post some more when I get a new camera...Or I find the charger for the bootleg cam I got.....

why are "humble tanks" always the best?

i need to rename mine humble so it starts to look better hahaha

great tank man....whats the name of the coral in the first pic

Thanks man.....those are blastos.....That pic dont do it justice but Its a start....

Avon Barksdale
how long have you had that BTA?

about 2 months.....

Thanks again guys.....Yeah the RBTA is my favorite....Last night I seen the sexy shrimp right by its mouth....I thought it was a wrap on the sexy but....I seen it today picking at my zoos....LOL

• 2 months later...
Avon Barksdale

Its a been a minute....So here a few more pics. I still suck at taking pics and aquascaping and placement of coral. But I got over it pretty quickly...

tankpics007.jpg

tankpics008.jpg

tankpics009.jpg

tankpics010.jpg

fireandice.jpg

blueric.jpg

See the sexy......My Fish dont even look at it but the sexy is steady in there..wtf...

roseandsexy.jpg

FTS2.jpg

And thats it...Ill I can say is that a mixed reef is a P.I.T.A and you either got or you dont when it comes to aquascaping and I unfortunately Im not blessed with the skill.. Oh and why did I ever get GSP's...

Until next time..

• 3 weeks later...

First of all.. love the name.. Avon Barskdale.

I miss the Wirel cant beleive its over.

Second of all...Love your reef.. im a fairly new salt water guy and ive added so slowly to my 10 month old Nano cube that it still looks brand new.. but man what an inspiration here.

Your reef is fantastic.

Way to go.

i'll be following along here.

Mercuryne

Avon Barksdale
Wow, your corals are not humble at all. All very nice! :happy:

Thanks J...but we both know your tank is that deal....

First of all.. love the name.. Avon Barskdale.

I miss the Wirel cant beleive its over.

Second of all...Love your reef.. im a fairly new salt water guy and ive added so slowly to my 10 month old Nano cube that it still looks brand new.. but man what an inspiration here.

Your reef is fantastic.

Way to go.

i'll be following along here.

Mercuryne

Yeah Mercuyne what a shame about the Wire...Prolly the best series IMO....Thanks for the comments....

Im in midst of upgrading so will see....

Oh those crazy GSP! Love the tank and that sexy is crazy! Talk about flirting with danger! omgomgomg I have a seperate rock laid away from the others that I'm going to mount my GSP to so I can keep an eye on it spreading.

Do you have a livestock list?

Avon Barksdale

Thanks everyone....

Ill get you a livestock list once I transfer the tank and see what makes it...Its Going down as I type. Its already a PITA but Ill update the news later...

Wish me luck..

~1

Avon Barksdale

Thanks for the support bollinger and dakota.....Its all done now...Thank God!!!!

First off I would like to say that my aquapod was my first saltwater tank and it was a humbling experience...(hence the title of thread).... I had some good and crazy times with it.....I got it back in the summer of 06...Even till this day I could never get the placement of corals nor the scape to look as nice as some of these awesome tanks on the site...But like I said I got over it....and It had its own unique cluttered look...lol...But it did its job and I was a proud owner of Saltwater Tank..So I just wanted to say R.I.P. to the aquapod even though sometimes you could be a big biatch!!!!!

So back to my upgrade.....I ended up upgrading to a 50 gallon Oceanic, the dimensions are (30x18x21).....My fixture is 30" 250 (14k) MH sunpod. I was hoping to score a 6 bulb T5 fixture but couldn't find one that would fit....If anyone knows where to purchase a 30" fixture please drop me a line. Also Im still going to keep the Remora Skimmer I decided to go with HOB fuge cause I got it nearly for free.. I liked the look of the Phoenix 14k on my aquapod but I might try 20k bulb this time around but not sure. It seems to be a pretty tall tank and my rock seems to be a lil on the short side...but I dont want to stack or acrylic rod any new pieces so Its going to look a lil on the funky side but Its ok...

Everything seem to transfer ok..But my purple rim cap looks a lil stressed but It might just be me...

Ill try to post some pics up tomorrow with the light on.....and change the thread to The Franklin Terrace housing project 50 gallon.....for The Wire folks...like Bollinger and Mercuryne....lol

But Thanks again aquapod...and to anybody that read this thread!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Avon Barksdale

Thanks Burt....

Im losing some of my SPS frags...I dont know why...testing tomorrow Ill post some pics up some time this week!!!! ,,,I suck at updating and stuff like that!!!

Avon Barksdale

Here are some pics finally....Thanks for looking!!!

tankpics027.jpg

tankpics037.jpg

tankpics036.jpg

tankpics038.jpg

tankpics040.jpg

tankpics041.jpg

tankpics035.jpg

Those Red and Gold Blastos are incredible...I've never seen that color....

Thanks Mitch!!!

I got one head of those awhile back....and if I get ballsy Id consider a trade for piece of that red and green millie :D ....

Archived